Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohio River 6/8

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ohio River 6/8

Launched out of Yankeetown again today. This time it was with my buddy Josh and we stayed on the main river. Over the last couple weeks we have both went out and caught decent limits out of the creek with a couple river fish but decided to go find some new spots on the river today. Had a great day catching mostly spots with a couple largemouth and a smallie. Our best 5 went 8-9lbs, with a chance at 10-11lbs if a couple of the better spots hadn't come off. I'll try to get a couple pics up later.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    that's awesome. I've just started getting out on the river trying to catch bass. went out a couple times but havent caught anything with size. its definitely a lot different than fishing a lake. good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    nice spots man. now if only I could stop catching the 12 inchers and get some like that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptbuck View Post
    Launched out of Yankeetown again today. This time it was with my buddy Josh and we stayed on the main river. Over the last couple weeks we have both went out and caught decent limits out of the creek with a couple river fish but decided to go find some new spots on the river today. Had a great day catching mostly spots with a couple largemouth and a smallie. Our best 5 went 8-9lbs, with a chance at 10-11lbs if a couple of the better spots hadn't come off. I'll try to get a couple pics up later.
    you the man, been fishing the green alot, but only a small limit of spots

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Ky's beautiful fish

They have been killing the hybrids at the Falls

Post Thanks / Like
    Well ofcourse I'm out of town this weekend but my friend Josh just called me. He just caught a limit of nice smallmouth by 6am out of the Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been having pretty good luck above the dam near yankeetown so today decided to look for spots below the dam. The first spot I fished was a good one caught six keeper smallmouths and had a couple more get off plus a few shorts all smallies. Ended up catching a decent limit that went about six pounds. Will try to post a pic in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptbuck View Post
    Well ofcourse I'm out of town this weekend but my friend Josh just called me. He just caught a limit of nice smallmouth by 6am out of the Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice fish, fellas! I've never really bass fished the Ohio...Usually once a year in the late fall, Ill hit the river for skip jack and normally catch a bunch of white bass. Last year I caught my first small mouth while fishing for skips. I did catch this bass a few weeks ago out of a creek that feeds into the Ohio. Caught it on a storm chug bug.
    http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSCF5006.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro82 View Post

What depth range you catchin those smallies in? I caught my first smallmouth out of the river yesterday, and it was in about 6 ft off of chunk concrete. I tried the deeper water next to it for some bigger ones with no luck I love fishin the river, but I'm tired of catching the 11 inchers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    What depth range you catchin those smallies in? I caught my first smallmouth out of the river yesterday, and it was in about 6 ft off of chunk concrete. I tried the deeper water next to it for some bigger ones with no luck I love fishin the river, but I'm tired of catching the 11 inchers
    They were ontop of some rocks in 3 to 5 feet of water. Caught the first couple on a crankbait then fished deeper with a jig but didnt catch anything unless I hit that sweet spot on top of the rocks.