Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Rough River Hybraids

Going to Rough River for the week coming up an have never done any hybraid fishing even though its supposedly the best species to fish for was wondering if you guys could give me any tips on how to catch em...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catchandfillet View Post
    Going to Rough River for the week coming up an have never done any hybraid fishing even though its supposedly the best species to fish for was wondering if you guys could give me any tips on how to catch em...

Thanks
    Fish the jumps

Post Thanks / Like
    Try trolling a SR7 shadrap with a small white jig or spoon. Remove the back hook and tie a 3 foot leader to the back of the crank and then to the spoon. I have always done well up by the dam or main lake points near the creek channel. Don't be afraid to move from point to point until you find them then keep making passes until you stop catching them. Then move onto the next point.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure where the thermocline is on that lake, but my buddy and I will toll Gizz 4's that will dive just about the thermocline until we catch a fish. We immediately shut the motor off and start casting Flitterbaits back past where the fish was just hooked. You can double up that way and if you are lucky the school will stay around long enough to get a few more fish out of it. Another technique we use is to find where the thermocline intersects land. If you can find a hump that sticks up above the thermocline near deep water, there's a good chance there will be hybrids on it. Also, find points and follow them out toward deep water until you find where the thermocline runs into it and fish it above the thermocline. I love to use a Flitterbait for this kind of fishing. Just throw way up on the under water hump or point and do a lift drop until you get to the thermocline. You might have to do some searching, but once you find a few spots you can just run the "mail route" until you find them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catchandfillet View Post

Thanks
    Check with these guys. They talk to a lot of folks.

http://fishin.com/reports/ky/rough-r...ing-report.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    We have killed the hybrids at Rough with earie dearie rigs and umbrella rigs. Use crawlers on the earie dearies, and small swimbaits/road runners w white/chartreuse grubs..on the umbrella rigs. We use the small four arm umbrella rigs and caught several doubles on them! Two 5-8 lb hybrids on one line is quite the experience! troll around humps and depth changes...always have a rod ready with a flitter or rattletrap for the jumps in the morning and evening hours. Good luck!

-Rich