Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets see your yak

I mostly use mine on KY rivers and small lakes for smallies and LM. I've also had it in saltwater a few times: Buzzards Bay in Cape Cod and several places in Rhode Island. OK Caper. Upgraded the seat and modified a few things. Set up with 4 rod holders: two up front and two just behind the seat. The ones up front are attached to a PVC post to keep them off the knees, but low enough for casting. Allows me to have different rods rigged up for different situations. Fish finder, with a small battery in the hull. I have the battery in a small tuperware container. Velcro on the bottom of the container to attach it to the yak. Also keep a spare oar, first aid kit, and other stuff in the orange box below deck. The PVC clean out tube has a lexan base and inserted into a hole I cut in the yak (lots of goop to seal it). A good place for camera, cell phone, and a few lures close at hand. Plano with lures and a small cooler for snacks and drinks.

A couple shots of my set up:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apb-yak1.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	3742

Name:	apb-yak-2.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	3743

So, lets see the rigs you guys/gals use

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    couple more shots:

Name:	apb-yak-3.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	3744

Name:	apb-yak-4.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	3745

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    couple more shots:

Name:	apb-yak-3.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	3744

Name:	apb-yak-4.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	3745

Andrew
    Andrew I haven't seen your yak for awhile now and it looks like you have been adding stuff to it. I'll post some pics of mine soon. I really want a shallow water pole to hold me in place. Much like a power pole but not hydraulic like the big bass boats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will post some picture's too just as soon as i take some.I have found out that in the creek's that less is better for me but do want too add a gps & dep finder i know where the fish hide just need too know how deep it is.Going too like this new forum.
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Andrew I haven't seen your yak for awhile now and it looks like you have been adding stuff to it. I'll post some pics of mine soon. I really want a shallow water pole to hold me in place. Much like a power pole but not hydraulic like the big bass boats.
    Yeah, probably modified a few things since the last time we were out. Think I redid the rod holders up front and back. I know the ones on the back I did the end of last year before hitting the surf with it.

Raincheck, know what you mean about a smaller yak. This one is 45# unloaded. Fully loaded still less than 60. Easy enough for me to throw in the back of the truck and hit the water, pretty much anywhere.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    What i mean by less is 1 pole,2 baits,bump board etc.I took the straps off that hold the paddle & poles on it.Added a yakdaddy slider,cut a hole in the front cover too stick tip of poles in.On the creeks pole holders **** but on bigger water i can add them.A pull rope.Life vest.Thats what makes kayak fishing so interesting no 2 yaks look the same if your hard core what works for 1 won't for another.Had a blast at Nolin tonight.
    Terry Adolph
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0384.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	3776  

Post Thanks / Like

trailer

Quote Originally Posted by raincheck View Post
    What i mean by less is 1 pole,2 baits,bump board etc.I took the straps off that hold the paddle & poles on it.Added a yakdaddy slider,cut a hole in the front cover too stick tip of poles in.On the creeks pole holders **** but on bigger water i can add them.A pull rope.Life vest.Thats what makes kayak fishing so interesting no 2 yaks look the same if your hard core what works for 1 won't for another.Had a blast at Nolin tonight.
    Terry Adolph
    Terry,
    I can't really see the pic that well but I think your trailor is two yaks? You told me the make but I forgot. What is the make and model?

Tom from Greenville

Post Thanks / Like

guide 119

I have had this rig for about a month or so. I love it!

Name:	100_1961 (Small).JPG 
Views:	905 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	3812  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiecrazy View Post
    Terry,
    I can't really see the pic that well but I think your trailor is two yaks? You told me the make but I forgot. What is the make and model?

Tom from Greenville
    Its has 2 on it & i have had 3 on it & 1 on top of the car before.Had a NuCanoe & 2 Coosa's on it & a Dabdo on the car.Here is a picture of my car & a trailer i seen in Mi. at a bait store.
    Terry Adolph

Name:	101_0787.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	3813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0856.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	3814  

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Native Watercraft, Ultimate 12 Basic. I mostly fish small rivers and creek from late spring to late fall. I hit the stocker trout in the winter at a FINS lake near me. I also have a Ocean Kayak, Frenzy for my kids to play around on. I've been kayak fishing for 8 years now and have LOVED every minute of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my primary kayak. Its a Hobie Outback. Its pretty stock right now. I have a Lowrance Elite-4 which I love. Only other upgrade is the larger sailing rudder which allows it to turn on a dime.

I fish mostly in the Gulf and have caught some really nice fish on it. Nothing like getting pulled around on a kayak three miles offshore.

I also have a Hobie Sport for my wife, a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 and an Ocean Kayak Scrambler.

Name:	IMAG0868.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	3857  

Post Thanks / Like

Here's My Yak..

Mines a Pungo 120 .. Seen here fishing in Big Bone Creek

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	312 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	3863