Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nolin lake jumps

Just wanting too know if anyone has seen any.I'm headed out tomorrow because the weather man said a high of 83.I'll be using my kayak & would like too be as close too the action as i can get when i put in.
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raincheck View Post
    Just wanting too know if anyone has seen any.I'm headed out tomorrow because the weather man said a high of 83.I'll be using my kayak & would like too be as close too the action as i can get when i put in.
    Terry Adolph
    Unless the water clears up, you won't see many jumps. It was pretty green this weekend and i only saw some small spotted bass and gar on the surface. I caught a lot of LMB saturday night but they were holding tight to structure. Another boater caught a couple in open water, but i didn't see what he was using. I was fishing the lower end too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry Adolph
    Well Terry i was on the lake for the first time fri eve and sat eve.I was fishin for hybrids.I did see some jumps fri.They were not big jumps but they were pretty many of them.It seemed like they were largemouths schooling .I caught 2 then had to go because i already had a limit of hybrids and didnt want to ride back in the dark on a unfamiliar lake.
    I put in at the state park marina,after crossing the bouys at the marina turn right,away from the dam.The first big creek on the right is where i found these jumps.They were at the mouthe of this creek,near some bouys.

Holy crap i was at rough not nolin.so sorry!

Post Thanks / Like
    just wanting too know if anyone has seen any.i'm headed out tomorrow because the weather man said a high of 83.i'll be using my kayak & would like too be as close too the action as i can get when i put in.
    Terry adolph
    i fish the fri. Night tourn. Out of wax, i've seen some the last 2 fri's. We start at 6:00 p.m. So i
    guess i saw them around 6:30 til dark. I saw 2-3 guys fishing them by the big island between wax and rock creek. There's a little gravel boat ramp, by there, but i have no idea how to get to it by land.... Tr

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be putting in at the Dam or the a ramp up from there before the state park.Thats the area i've done best on jumps when i had my Triton.Thanks for the info.Will be posting results of this adventure after & hope too get a vidio of this.
    Terry Adolph

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Thanks for the posts and updates. I like this time of year at Nolin. Out early, hit some jumps, run around looking for them, and call it quits before too many jet ski get out. Appreciate it.

Best places I've seen jumps is in the mouth of and the big bay right inside Conoloway Creek. From there, halfway up to Ponderosa over the channel on the right side if you were headed toward Ponderosa from Conoloway.

If I can shake loose, I'll post what I find out.

Post Thanks / Like
    When i had a boat i've caught jumps above Wax & in the mouth of Dog creek & from the state park too the dam.But then i was going 60mph looking for them.Red Rock area too.Heck i think i've seen them just about every where on Nolin.I just ran till i seen a boil & bam i was catching Whites or LM & spots.Its cool too catch LM in 70ft of water on a buzz bait.I need a mother ship too carry me & my kayak.
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like
    there are no hybrids in Nolin, just to inform everyone in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by restornator View Post
    there are no hybrids in Nolin, just to inform everyone in this thread.
    But there are jumps & thats what i'm after,a walleye would be nice for dinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't see any jumps but did catch a 15,14,12inch LM 1small spot,a bluegill all and 2 or 3 small LM all off the wall & docks out of the wind.All off a spinner bait till i lost it when a bass jumped & threw it off & broke my line.No picture but did some short vidios of the catching not sure what they look like till i down load them asap.Didn't get there till after 6 pm.
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like
    Briar creek...early morning...donkey rig...heaven on earth!!!

-Rich

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Briar creek...early morning...donkey rig...heaven on earth!!!

-Rich
    Rich....is that you.. Hi man!

Donkey rig? Ahhhh......was dat? I have an imagine in my mind and I've had a few beers. It's not pretty.