Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by raincheck View Post
    Just wanting too know if anyone has seen any.I'm headed out tomorrow because the weather man said a high of 83.I'll be using my kayak & would like too be as close too the action as i can get when i put in.
    Terry Adolph

We fished Mon morning and the LM Bass were boling , we lost count on how many we caught had to be over 40.At one point they boiled right next to the boat and I gurantee there was 40 Bass in that school .Pitched my spook over the side and didn't even have time to make it move!! Bam !!! One had it .I have to say it was the best day I have ever had @ Nolin !!!! Then about 11 am they quit

Then we fished the Tues night tourney out of Wax and in the first hour we boated 20 of them in the jumps but only 2 went over 15in but it was still fun!! One of those rascals got me good when I was taking the hook out ...he shook hard and stuck a hook in me past the barb ......ouch . But I got it out pretty easy.Guess he wanted to show me how it felt!!

Thanks to my ole' buddy Keith Knight for putting me on those fish ....we had a blast on Mon morning and tues night

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope too get on them as so as the Air temp is back down,this guy can't hadle 100 degree weather..
    Ty for the report.
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Rich....is that you.. Hi man!

Donkey rig? Ahhhh......was dat? I have an imagine in my mind and I've had a few beers. It's not pretty.
    What's up Bob! Yeah, its me...putting in my two cents as usual, lol! I have heard the jumps are nearly non-existent this summer. Yeah...your idea of Donkey Rig might be different then what I'm talking about, LOL! Take care brother!

-Rich

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    I found jumps at Nolin today (Tues, 10 Jul). Right at the mouth of Dog Creek and right out front of there. Started at about 7 am and lasted till it turned sporadic around 10-1030 in the morning. Saw some small schools of what looked like larger fish judging from the size of the splashes. Also saw what looked like either swarms of white bass or totally crazed piranha :-). Looked almost like bluegills in the jumps. I say that because the surface would just fizzle with hundreds of small hits, with no really big blow ups.

I also noticed each blow up of a group of fish was very short lived. I mean like 5- 10 seconds and gone. I looked at my graph, and noticed I was marking a ton of fish near each blow up at the 14-25 foot mark, but next to nothing at the surface. Surface on my graph said is was 86.7 degrees. Bait balls they were chasing looked to be juvenile gizzard shad in the 1-1.5 inch range.

I had fish hit silver and black Zora spooks, and small and large torpedo prop baits of the same colors. Not one hit on a crank of any color. On some retrieves, I had the same lure hit 5, 6, 7, and some 8 times without a hook up. And yep, all the hooks were straight and sharp. I just was lucky enough today to be able to watch the spectacle and feel the hits without having to get a lot of fish smell on my hands.

The few fish I did hookup with were small, and most I just shook off before landing.

Anyway, with the very warm surface, I think the fish are staying deep in the cooler water, see the bait ball, make a rush gang attack, and then immediately dive to deeper again. I was getting some hits by throwing a silver spoon into an area right after the surface feed broke down. I let it sink 10-15 feet and then started a slow twitch retrieve.

Gonna go again this week. I think I'm going to line all my lures this time with velcro and see if I can get more hits to STICK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    I found jumps at Nolin today (Tues, 10 Jul). Right at the mouth of Dog Creek and right out front of there. Started at about 7 am and lasted till it turned sporadic around 10-1030 in the morning. Saw some small schools of what looked like larger fish judging from the size of the splashes. Also saw what looked like either swarms of white bass or totally crazed piranha :-). Looked almost like bluegills in the jumps. I say that because the surface would just fizzle with hundreds of small hits, with no really big blow ups.

I also noticed each blow up of a group of fish was very short lived. I mean like 5- 10 seconds and gone. I looked at my graph, and noticed I was marking a ton of fish near each blow up at the 14-25 foot mark, but next to nothing at the surface. Surface on my graph said is was 86.7 degrees. Bait balls they were chasing looked to be juvenile gizzard shad in the 1-1.5 inch range.

I had fish hit silver and black Zora spooks, and small and large torpedo prop baits of the same colors. Not one hit on a crank of any color. On some retrieves, I had the same lure hit 5, 6, 7, and some 8 times without a hook up. And yep, all the hooks were straight and sharp. I just was lucky enough today to be able to watch the spectacle and feel the hits without having to get a lot of fish smell on my hands.

The few fish I did hookup with were small, and most I just shook off before landing.

Anyway, with the very warm surface, I think the fish are staying deep in the cooler water, see the bait ball, make a rush gang attack, and then immediately dive to deeper again. I was getting some hits by throwing a silver spoon into an area right after the surface feed broke down. I let it sink 10-15 feet and then started a slow twitch retrieve.

Gonna go again this week. I think I'm going to line all my lures this time with velcro and see if I can get more hits to STICK.
    Love the velcro idea