Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

100 degree weather

So, if it gets 100 degrees on Thursday and friday do you folks think it will bring the water temps up to the 90 degree at Nolin?

I am on vacation next week and will be down to our place at Wax all week .I am sure it will screw up the fishing ..probably fish at night and that's not an option for since my boat lights dont work ...sheese

2 weekends ago we were catching crappie off the bank at night in 4 ft of water around our brushpile .But i am sure the scorching weather will drop them deep.

I may try to troll some and hope to catch a couple of "eyes" ...got my Wallie diver all ready to go LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    if my cheap little eagle fish finder is right it was 87-89. sunday evening,was 86 when i left at 12:30 am,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    so, if it gets 100 degrees on thursday and friday do you folks think it will bring the water temps up to the 90 degree at nolin?

I am on vacation next week and will be down to our place at wax all week .i am sure it will screw up the fishing ..probably fish at night and that's not an option for since my boat lights dont work ...sheese

2 weekends ago we were catching crappie off the bank at night in 4 ft of water around our brushpile .but i am sure the scorching weather will drop them deep.

I may try to troll some and hope to catch a couple of "eyes" ...got my wallie diver all ready to go lol
    if your going to be at wax, i'd probably go up, the temps should be a little lower in the river part.
    I fished twice last week, and it was in mid 80's then. I'd guess between 88-90 by sat..... Tr

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, I hope you have a good trip. Crappie sure are good eating, aren't they.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, if it gets 100 degrees on Thursday and friday do you folks think it will bring the water temps up to the 90 degree at Nolin?

I am on vacation next week and will be down to our place at Wax all week .I am sure it will screw up the fishing ..probably fish at night and that's not an option for since my boat lights dont work ...sheese

2 weekends ago we were catching crappie off the bank at night in 4 ft of water around our brushpile .But i am sure the scorching weather will drop them deep.

I may try to troll some and hope to catch a couple of "eyes" ...got my Wallie diver all ready to go LOL
    JUMPS, JUMPS, JUMPS!!!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Jay, I hope you have a good trip. Crappie sure are good eating, aren't they.
    Thanks Tyme ....me & you gotta run down there some time we got a brand new single wide from Trading Post homes ...it beats the hell out of our old Liberty that was only 8ft wide LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    JUMPS, JUMPS, JUMPS!!!

-Rich
    Thanks Rich I am sure the jumps are hot ...I love throwing those blade baits into the jumps ....you can cast them a country mile

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tyme ....me & you gotta run down there some time we got a brand new single wide from Trading Post homes ...it beats the hell out of our old Liberty that was only 8ft wide LOL

Put me on your "bucket list" for the future. Right now, just too darned hot!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    JUMPS, JUMPS, JUMPS!!!

-Rich
    I talked to a buddy of mine who went out after the jumps the other day, and he said that they were non-existent! They did catch some nice fish from the dam to Brier Creek working the points with cranks and plastics. Not sure what has effected the the jumps this year, but it does make me not being there a little easier to take!

-Rich