Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Falls

The wife and I are staying at the lodge for a few days fairly soon for a get away. Ain't I sweet, lol...
    My question is this, have any of you ever been and when you went is there any walk down to the Cumberland river fishing oppurtunities? If I can sneak down there and throw for an ole brown bass you can bet I'm gonna do it...

Post Thanks / Like
    I stayed the night in the lodge once. And have visited the Falls a few times. Yes, there is a walkway/path down to the river below the Falls. So bring your fishing gear and have fun. I hope you will be there during the full moon. That is when you can usually see the moonbow it is known for. I have never been able to get there during that lunar phase yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've paddled from right below the falls to the boat ramp at the junction of the Laurel River and Lake Cumberland,I've saw nice catfish caught in the pool right at the falls,walleye and sm bass in holes further down river.Been several years since I've been there,but you can hike all the way to Lake Cumberland,I waded from below Laurel River Dam to Lake Cumberland once catching trout,but be careful in there,the rocks are very slippery and cliffs on both sides full of copperheads with nowhere to go if you get caught when they start generating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fellas. Yea Glenn I've heard those Copperheads are thick up that way...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know it's funny I have been fishing Cumberland for many years now and I've never been to the Falls....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark like alot of things it was alot smaller than I thought it would be...lol. When I was down there years ago I do recall some catfishermen headin on down past the falls. My oldest daughter and I fished above the falls with no luck... skinny water. Hope you and the wife have a good time. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Ya know it's funny I have been fishing Cumberland for many years now and I've never been to the Falls....
    Try about the falls great small mouth fishing. You can waded for miles fish the deep holes. Hope this helps you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    The wife and I are staying at the lodge for a few days fairly soon for a get away. Ain't I sweet, lol...
    My question is this, have any of you ever been and when you went is there any walk down to the Cumberland river fishing oppurtunities? If I can sneak down there and throw for an ole brown bass you can bet I'm gonna do it...
    Go to the bridge that crosses the river just above the falls. You can park just to the left of it. Wear a pair of swimming trunks and an old pair of tennis shoes and start wading upstream. There are some pretty deep holes in there be careful it can be very slippery. I've done best early morning or late evening with spinning rod and top waters, rapalas , small crawfish crank baits etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Mark like alot of things it was alot smaller than I thought it would be...lol. When I was down there years ago I do recall some catfishermen headin on down past the falls. My oldest daughter and I fished above the falls with no luck... skinny water. Hope you and the wife have a good time. Chuck
    Thanks bro

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everybody, you've gave me some good ideas of where to start.