Search Fishin.com

Thread: Nolin

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin

How deep has everyone been catching some of the better fish on Nolin or has anyone been catching any better fish at all???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDi View Post
    How deep has everyone been catching some of the better fish on Nolin or has anyone been catching any better fish at all???
    JIM we killed them in the Jumps on Monday morning and tues evening ? Give me a private message and I will give you details

We were on vacaton all week

JFW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    JIM we killed them in the Jumps on Monday morning and tues evening ? Give me a private message and I will give you details

We were on vacaton all week

JFW
    Glad to hear the jumps are happening...fun stuff there! Knock 'em dead!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the same question. We caught about 60 bass the other day at Nolin but we did not catch one over 14&3/4 inches. Where are teh larger fish? You can catch all of the 12-14 inch bass you want right now in the jumps. The one thing that suprized me is that it seemed like the jumps continued a lot longer into the morning than what I would expect for 105 degree days and clear water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try fishing under the jumps for the bigger fish & in deep water near or in the old river.I know that because when i let my bait fall while i'm taking out a birds nest have caught bigger bass.

Post Thanks / Like
    was down there tues morn.and ended up with 3 keepers. I had a 5 1/2 pounder and 2 that were in the 4 pound range. only had those 3 bites but they were good ones. The big fish are deep right now down there. they came in water from 16-27 foot. And if you guys do fish deep make sure you have a needle so you can release the air on the fish, because all 3 i caught i had to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Hack View Post
    was down there tues morn.and ended up with 3 keepers. I had a 5 1/2 pounder and 2 that were in the 4 pound range. only had those 3 bites but they were good ones. The big fish are deep right now down there. they came in water from 16-27 foot. And if you guys do fish deep make sure you have a needle so you can release the air on the fish, because all 3 i caught i had to do it.
    Wish more anglers knew how...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raincheck View Post
    Try fishing under the jumps for the bigger fish & in deep water near or in the old river.I know that because when i let my bait fall while i'm taking out a birds nest have caught bigger bass.
    That is what I was afraid of hearing. Its too much fun having them blow up on my topwater! Nothing like having 5 of them miss it before one actually nails it on a single cast!