Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Where

I have been shooting mine in brandenburg around the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what they need to do. Round them up and make them into fertilizer

Cat food would be a good thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by offdtop View Post
    I have a stupid question: When I was a little kid they talked about how the indians used to put a fish with the corn plant to fertilize it..... Why have they not come up with some form of fertilizer market that these fish could be put to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious how far up the river they are. Heard of them in the Markland pool but haven't seen any myself. Do they always jump when boat runs or is that only a certain kind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider View Post
    Just curious how far up the river they are. Heard of them in the Markland pool but haven't seen any myself. Do they always jump when boat runs or is that only a certain kind?
    Scott I've been catching them for years at Mcalpine and I would venture to say they have already reached the Allegheny and Monongahela. They travel. I fished the lower dam last week and couldn't keep my 1oz rooster tail off of them. Managed about one hybrid to 5 big head all in the 15 to 25# range. Got tired of messin with them and went back to cat'n. On a side note I did after 40 years of fishing the river caught my first sturgeon....pretty cool critter bout 2ft long. Chuck Oh and the silvers are the jumpers.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been seeing a lot of Asian carp around Westport, they are holding in the same places that we get bait. Vern caught 3 in the cast net and the smallest one was 20 lb. They were jumping! Hate to have one of those things hit me in the head at 50 mph! Chuck.. I've never even seen a Sturgeon...That is very cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIPJACK View Post
    We have been seeing a lot of Asian carp around Westport, they are holding in the same places that we get bait. Vern caught 3 in the cast net and the smallest one was 20 lb. They were jumping! Hate to have one of those things hit me in the head at 50 mph! Chuck.. I've never even seen a Sturgeon...That is very cool!
    Dave it was cool....definetly caught me off guard.I'll post a pic. You guy's catchin anythng up our way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes...Blues seem to be coming off the spawn, bait takes longer to find. We are catching a few on a slow drift around the humps and structure. I would enjoy sticking some Asian carp with an arrow, that sounds like fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Ate some silver Carp

My son and I were recently in CA and we ate at an Asian Restaurant that was recommended to us. My son ordered a fish dish. It was fried in chunks and had a really good flavor and texture.

It was so good that when was paying I asked the Asian Lady what kind of fish it was. She said, "Silver Carp". I about fell over.

Here is a link to a short story he wrote about it.