Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Burial rites for my cousin. 1st Lt. Chase Prasnicki

I promise this is my last post on the subject of my cousin's death. This is the only funeral I can remember that was a full military funeral.

The immediate family met at the funeral home that was caring for Chase's body. There was no viewing. A two star General presented Chase's wife,father,and mother with his awards;the bronze star,the purple heart,and the Army commendation medal. There were several majors and colonels in attendance and more captains and lieutenants than I could count.

After the presentations, we then got into our vehicles and proceeded to the church for his funeral. I was completely taken back by the show of support as we approached the church. There were hundreds of people lining the street,holding flags with their hands over their hearts. There was complete silence from this crowd of supporters showing their respect and honor for Chase. I have to admit that tears were flowing freely from my eyes when I saw this.

After the rites,we then proceeded to the cemetery where Chase was buried next to his grandfather and grandmother. Along the route, more mourners stood by the road (about a 6 miles distance) with flags displayed ,hands over their hearts.

I want to express my thanks for the manner in which the Army conducted the transfer and burial of Chase. Dignity,respect,honor, and precision. They were truly professional and made me proud to be an American.

Here is a link to the report of the funeral. http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking...GyDPb.facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries man. I love to hear about one of our soldiers getting some well deserved honor and respect. I would have been tearing up as well. Terrible loss for his family and the USA. Thanks again Tyme for posting this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a town of 1,500 and we buried one of our hero's about three years ago the funeral was held in the school gym about 350 in attendance the Illinois Patriot Guard was there and when we left the gym to go to the cemetery about one mile there were flags all the way to the cemetery and people and children lined both sides of the street with there hands over there heart.

I did not know the family that well but going down the street and seeing this had me crying and it is something I will never forget.