Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Underwater lights?

Is it illegal to use something like a glow stick and sink it to the bottom to attract fish at nite during bass tournaments. And does anyone think it works?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos2121 View Post
    Is it illegal to use something like a glow stick and sink it to the bottom to attract fish at nite during bass tournaments. And does anyone think it works?
    You ever use net bait paka craws? they have a hollow body, i got to thinking one day im going to pop one of those 1 inch glow sticks in there.. wasnt very successful but it seemed like a good idea at the time- as for the legality not certain

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation IMHO ..... (& JUST my opinions)

I think it would not be a good idea, or effective ... for Bass, anyway. Though, the only way to really tell would be to try it several (many?) times PRIOR to a tourney ... and see for yourself. But, I'd ask the tourney director if there was any "ruling" that would cover such a tactic, first. (no sense in practicing with a method that isn't allowed during the tourney !! )

I would also hope that this "glowstick" wouldn't just be chunked into the water, and left. Tying it to a marker float of some kind, so that it could be retrieved & properly disposed of, would be the ethical way to use it.

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Lights at night can be vert productive for almsost any preditory fish that feeds on bait fish. Lights draw plankton which draws fish that feed on plankton which draws fish that feed on bait fish. Hang a light over the side and wait. Depends where you put yoir light as to what you draw. I doubt its legal in toirnies but there's nothing that says you cant fish marina lights im sire.

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont see how they could say it was illegal to do because they already allow sound boxes to simulate feeding behaviour attracting with light should be no different