I see all kinds of wildlife at Bluegrass that I have not seen anywhere else. I really enjoy taking pictures of these critters if the opportunity presents itself. I would love to get a photo of the bob cat that I saw crossing the road one late afternoon. It's in an area that has a lot of wild turkeys.

Bobcats
Wild turkey
Deer
Eagles
Herons
Raccons
Coyotes
Turtles
Fish of all kinds
Beavers
Muskrates
Minks
Weasels
All types of Birds
Snakes

Just last night I saw a deer in my back yard feeding on some corn that I hung about 2 ft off the ground for the squirrels to feed on. The squirrels had eaten most of the corn off the cob but a lot of the corn kernals had fallen onto the ground and the deer found them on the ground as was eating them when I took a picture of the deer. The pictures is still in my camera and I have not updated the photo from my SDHC card yet.

I have a 500 Watt Security Light in the back yard that stays on all night in Dim mode. Dim mode is around 200 watts. But if the motion sensor is set off the light switched to full 500 watts and it's very very bright. I can be sitting in my lazy boy and see the light go on though the back door's window. So I'll get up to check to see what's in my back yard. Normally it's only the neighbors cat coming up on my back wooden deck. But the other night it was a large female deer feeding on the corn. I'll have to put out more corn for the squirrels now.

The corn is hung on a chain with a bungie cord. the corn can be pulled down to the ground but once the squirrel weight is off the corn the spring cords pull it back up just out of reach of the squirrel on the ground. It's fun to watch those pesky squirrels jump on and bungie up and down when they try to feed on the corn.

But the deer can easily feed on the corn cob.

I just hope that the deer don't like sun flower seeds as if they do and find my bird feeder they will eat all my sunflower seed out of the bird feeder. I have to shoo the squirrels away from the sunflowers as they really like them too. But they eat them all in one setting and then the birds dont' get any sunflowers. So I have a method to get the squirrels away from that open bird feeder. I may replace it with a squirrel proof feeder soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
There is one that lives by me now, granted I live by the river so not too rare. It is awesome to walk outside and see it up in the tree. It's huge