Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Morning on the Ohio

Wasn't too ad of a day. JG had the most excitement catching a good 3' or larger gar. He caught a tri-fecta of fish but not the kind we were after, drum, cat and a gar. He also had his share of bass too. CD had a good day catching his first drum and a couple spotted bass. I caught the bass tri-fecta and those were the only 3 I caught. Pretty good morning over all.
    Can't wait to go again.

Post Thanks / Like

Tri-fecta

I love how you used a racing term when you were talking about fishing!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's what we do. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent last weekend Saturday and Sunday bass fishing the tributaries in and around Alton and Levenworth. The water was up and muddy Saturday but we actually did very well once we figured out the pattern. I think we ended up with 9 good fish total. Sunday the water had cleared up some but it had also dropped a foot or so over night. Our pattern still worked however the fish had moved from were they had been the day prior. Going to try it again this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday was a pretty good day fishing the tributaries, didnt get out on the main river. I ended up with 9 fish, 6 good keepers plus I missed 3 more that Im pretty sure wouldve kept also. The only problem I had was finding them.................the water had dropped at least 5 ft. or more from last weekend. Some of the places I had fished last week were just mud this weekend. With the river you just never know what you are going to have until you get to the ramp!!

Post Thanks / Like

well done

congrats on the fish. i was out friday fishing around the derby area on the main river and could not get a bite. the water was a little more murky than the last time i had caught fish. since i didnt have any luck i decided on going to patoka and didnt catch a single one there either. had a good one come off and another small one throw a spinnerbait. [retty poor couple days of fishing. do you mind if i ask you what you were using? im assuming you fished blue river, wolf creek and all those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    congrats on the fish. i was out friday fishing around the derby area on the main river and could not get a bite. the water was a little more murky than the last time i had caught fish. since i didnt have any luck i decided on going to patoka and didnt catch a single one there either. had a good one come off and another small one throw a spinnerbait. [retty poor couple days of fishing. do you mind if i ask you what you were using? im assuming you fished blue river, wolf creek and all those.
    I hear what you are saying about Patoka, thats been one weird lake this year for sure! As for the river I allways keep it small of course, last few weeks Ive had luck with white/chartreuse spinerbaits, small creature baits, 3.5" tubes and 1/4 oz, Tenn Shad or Chrome Rattletraps. As for the plastic lures junebug colors have worked well, plus Ive been dipping the tails in chartreuse dye, and Im using an 1/8 oz tungston weight. Ive seen alot of bass busting shad close to the surface, but so far Ive not done much good throwing top water baits. Most of the other boats Ive seen were all throwing small buzzbaits but I never saw anyone boat a fish. Hope this helps ah little!