Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Texas rig vs. Carolina rig??

A Texas rig with a worm or other plastic is one of my go to baits. I usually use a 1/4 oz bullet sinker.
    I've read the articles on the front page on Carolina rig fishing, but have never really used it. What are your guys thoughts on either, and when is one used over the other?
    Which is your favorite, and why?

Just thought I would get some conversation going since it is almost too hot to fish.

Thanks for any replies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also a Texas rig guy. With a Carolina rig you stay on the bottom 100% if the time and you cover more water faster. I like a Texas rig because it's a slower presentation most of the time and you can work it about any way you want to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another question, do you use different plastics for the two types of rigs? A more floaty worm for carolina rigging?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I always use creature baits on my c-rig. Mainly lizards and brush hogs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had not fished the ole ball and chain much until this year. I have fell in love. Most of my fish in the summer s ..... It months has came on it. Baby brush hog or big brush hog Al the way for me.

Post Thanks / Like

carolina rig

During the dog days of summer I go to a Carolina rig. If u look close a lot of your fish on this shell beds and wat I call small rock pebbles the fish are about 6in to a ft off the bottom. I like using a fluke or trick worm and it keeps it up off the bottom. I have went away from the ball weight and went to a bullet weight with two glass beads. Caught a lot of big fish. Try to stay with that 14 to 16in leader.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigun1888 View Post
    During the dog days of summer I go to a Carolina rig. If u look close a lot of your fish on this shell beds and wat I call small rock pebbles the fish are about 6in to a ft off the bottom. I like using a fluke or trick worm and it keeps it up off the bottom. I have went away from the ball weight and went to a bullet weight with two glass beads. Caught a lot of big fish. Try to stay with that 14 to 16in leader.
    That's a great idea. Not to get nosy or anything but what colors do you prefer? Because I know the trick worms have some wacky colors.

Post Thanks / Like

carolina rig

Keep it simple. I have never understood all the drama about colors. I was taught along time ago you have to have faith in what you use. I use the same color th would catch them on a ten inch or a seven inch. Try a senco on it to. Call me crazy but I will use my ten inch and seven inch on the Carolina rig to.

Post Thanks / Like

carolina rig

Keep it simple. I have never understood all the drama about colors. I was taught along time ago you have to have faith in what you use. I use the same color th would catch them on a ten inch or a seven inch. Try a senco on it to. Call me crazy but I will use my ten inch and seven inch on the Carolina rig to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigun1888 View Post
    Thanks I'm gonna have to try that next time I throw a c-rig.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a huge carolina rig fan, I feel like everyone loves Texas rigs and they are no doubt a staple in bass fishing, but anytime I can get far enough off the bank to drag the "big rig" I'm for it. Carolina rigs are very versatile and something everyone should add to their arsenal. When bass are on the bottom, they don't even have to be deep, there is no simpler way to catch them than dragging this thing along. These things get to the bottom quick and stay there, making them awesome for people like me whose patience is tested trying to fish deep. Just hook up your favorite soft plastic and go to work on em! Like many people have already noted, 75% of the time it's hard for me not to reach for a pack of baby brush hogs. These things are a flat out blast to fish.