Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

todays electronics?

I haven't had my humminbird side imaging but for a few weeks now and I have already noticed a huge difference in my fishing. It is for the better obviously or I would not post this future question. I want to start by saying that my father-in-law and I hired a guide on KY lake a few weeks ago (I won't say any names because I dont't want to hurt any feelings but he was the best fisherman or should I say the best graph reader I've ever seen. and oh yeah, he's won a lot of major tournaments on ky and bkly lake.) This guy is way ahead of anyone I know. we spent 8 hours looking at the graph and learning how to use this magnificent piece of technology. in the 8 hours we only fished for maybe 2.5 hours, the best 2.5 hours ever on a ledge for me. may I remind you that this guy is from paris tn and we made him come to north ky out of his elements to help us.

my question is, am I just that far behind or does everyone with these graphs whack the fish like we did that day?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking dt16 ...

Truth is .... you have to find'em before you can catch'em, but you can't always catch'em when you find'em !!

Electronics are just tools to help eliminate water where there are no fish, saving your valuable time ... so you can spend that time fishing in potentially more productive spots. The better you understand the cans & can'ts of your electronics, and the more familiar you become with it ... the more likely it will be a beneficial factor in your fishing experiences.

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like

electronics?

I started my electronics with a herters flasher unit. Yeah I had a color selector. Progressed to a paper graph for great lakes fishing. But seeing and cathing are miles and hundreds of bucks apart. Yep had the earlier GPS systems. But tackle comes into the big picture sooner or later.Seeing fish in 20 ft of water is the easy part. Your guide had years on the water, you cant buy that forever.