Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for fishing buddies/ partners

I am looking to get into more hardcore fishing like smaller lakes and maybe some river fishing. I am probably going to buy me a small Jon boat soon and use it to fish with. I just hate fishing alone. This greatly helps my depression and I also love eating the fish... Right now I am doing some pond fishing on the farm with little luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    KG4KBU: I looked up your profile to see your location not listed. You're 27 years old, do not own a boat, and you suffer from depression. This is your first post here at fishin.com.

The members here are pretty friendly people, but we need to know a little bit more about you before offering to be a fishing buddy.

149 views and I'm the first to reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. give us a little more bio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you looked into joining a club, I don't know where your located , but I'm sure there's a fishing club close by. I joined one last year, one of the best moves I've ever made, it's also made me a better fisherman! Or look for local open tournaments, someone will be looking for a partner! Good luck, and of all else fails hire a guide, you might even learn something new !

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Corbin, KY and I figured why have a boat if I can't get anyone to go fishing with plus I have a big fear of Laurel Lake

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the corbin, ky area and I WILL not fish or even get on Laurel Lake. As far as my pond fish I have UPS ship them in here from a out of state fish farm.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree about finding a fishing club. Thats what i did about five years ago. Now I have lots of fishing buddies. A good place to start is local tackle stores or boat sales marinas. They could point you in the right direction as far as active clubs in your area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to get off the subject, but why would you not want to go fishin on, or be afraid of Laural Lake? I wish that puppy was in my back yard!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wood Creek is there to and not a bad place to fish at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by king fisher View Post
    Not to get off the subject, but why would you not want to go fishin on, or be afraid of Laural Lake? I wish that puppy was in my back yard!
    A great uncle of mine and his wife drowned there and they never found their bodies. Also my neighbor's sister drowned in the same area of the lake and never found her. This is the same area that the Berea man drowned in. So atleast 5 people that I know of drowned in that area and the bodies were never recovered.

onemorecast56 Guest
    hey if he don`t like that lake,,,hey Tyme,,lets take him to the river...lol but he`d love the fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4KBU View Post
    A great uncle of mine and his wife drowned there and they never found their bodies. Also my neighbor's sister drowned in the same area of the lake and never found her. This is the same area that the Berea man drowned in. So atleast 5 people that I know of drowned in that area and the bodies were never recovered.
    my wife and I were on Laurel lake, about 3 weeks back and the water patrol came up in the cove where we were. and he stopped and we talked awhile and he said there had been 7 people that drowned in Laurel lake that had never been recovered. and I live about 30 minutes from Laurel and had never heard about that.