Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss, so I'm confused, is the lake haunted? Or do people not like it because it is crowded? I've heard it referred to as the dead sea, is the fishing tough? And as far as the people's bodies that were never found, that boggles my mind, that lake is so clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    No the lake is not haunted lol.But it is such a Deep lake with so much structure ,Caves,Bluffs etc etc on the bottom of the lake that is would make finding a body hard .They is also a area in the lake i have heard has a old abandon small construction site under water when the flooded the area when filling the lake up.So it makes finding people difficult due to all the things they can get snagged on .I had a family friend that was killed and droped in the lake and no one knew where he was at for years until finally surfaced .

But no matter the lake they will always be tragedy's involved and that goes with anything.But i do understand your fear of the lake .So wood creek could be a alternative to you as it is much smaller and not lots of traffic on it most are either small aluminum boats or what house boats idle around and it is patrolled also

Kingfisher" The lake is very crowded especial on weekends or any hot and sunny day it seems you can never get away from boat traffic on occasion.The fishing is harder than most areas as it is pressured Very Very Heavily from tournament fisherman and weekend fisherman.I think they have about 4 tournys a week on the lake so that is a lot of pressure on the fish and gives them little time to recoup.IMO best to fish at night or in the fall/winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, thanks for the input, it's been all most 15-20 yrs since I've been there. Though, I would like to get back, I'll have to wait to later in the fall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to keep this thread off subject but we (un-named water rescue agency) were asked to go down there and assist with a recovery effort going on right now. Gentleman never made it back to the dock in a storm a couple of weeks ago and they found his boat abandoned. We have a good idea of where he is. Roughly 130ft of water on the edge of a submerged forest where the trees range from 20' to 80' off the bottom. Public Safety divers are only allowed to dive to 100ft. After that point we have no insurance. Right now we are trying to pin point where he is at so we can go in with our SROV ( submerisible remote operated vehice). With time and technology I'm confident we will find him.
    Last edited by Aquaman; 08-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.