Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland River @ Wolf Creek Dam

Hello all. I am new to the boards and looking for some info. I'm hoping to head down to Cumberland River tomorrow AM from Elizabethtown and do some trout fishing with a buddy. He has a 16 ft. bass boat that sits pretty shallow. I was hoping to put in by Wolf Creek Dam at around 8:00. I just want to make sure that I'm not going to have any problems getting that size boat in the river. Also, any pointers about where and what to fish at what depths, etc, etc would be more than appreciated.

Happy Fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Launching can be tough unless they are generating

With no generation, ramp will be out of the water. See link below and scroll to bottom for generation schedule. Looks like your window will be between the hours of 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Good luck.

http://www.jonathanpalmer.net/cumberland.html

Post Thanks / Like

This is the Wolf Creek dam schedule daily!

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    Hello all. I am new to the boards and looking for some info. I'm hoping to head down to Cumberland River tomorrow AM from Elizabethtown and do some trout fishing with a buddy. He has a 16 ft. bass boat that sits pretty shallow. I was hoping to put in by Wolf Creek Dam at around 8:00. I just want to make sure that I'm not going to have any problems getting that size boat in the river. Also, any pointers about where and what to fish at what depths, etc, etc would be more than appreciated.

Happy Fishin!
    All I can say about Wolf creek is HELMS LANDING. There and on down the river is the best place to catch trout that I've experienced. Here is the link for the water level and generators.

http://www.tva.gov/lakes/wch_r.htm

Post Thanks / Like

No Generation

Quote Originally Posted by YakNinja View Post
    All I can say about Wolf creek is HELMS LANDING. There and on down the river is the best place to catch trout that I've experienced. Here is the link for the water level and generators.

http://www.tva.gov/lakes/wch_r.htm

With no generation, there is no way I would put a bass boat into the water at Helms. If you do, contact me and I'll see if I can get you a deal on new props and lower units.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post
    With no generation, there is no way I would put a bass boat into the water at Helms. If you do, contact me and I'll see if I can get you a deal on new props and lower units.
    I was talking about the trout fishing at Helm's. With no generation, yes it is shallow at the ramp but down past the ramp it gets deeper. I usually fish out of a kayak or jon boat so its not a problem for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YakNinja View Post
    I was talking about the trout fishing at Helm's. With no generation, yes it is shallow at the ramp but down past the ramp it gets deeper. I usually fish out of a kayak or jon boat so its not a problem for me.
    The OP stated he and buddy would be in a BASS BOAT, thus your recommendations?

PS. With no generation, there is no ramp. One has to launch and retrieve off of a gravel bar.