Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hydrogen Peroxide for livewells – how’s the H2O2 working this summer?

There's mucho death and dying in livewells happening right now we're at the end of July going into August tomorrow.

With these record breaking hot summer temperatures, I was wondering how that hydrogen peroxide is working for you guys now? Everyone I've talked with tells me that H2O2 is not working at at, livewells are failing, can't keep fish alive and everything is dying.

Livewell water punps, aerators, ice and livewell chemicals are not keeping anything alive very long, even when additional big water pumps are added to the livewell.

Got to use those baits quick
    Last edited by peter; 08-01-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Cleaned up extra tags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Tom View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]There's mucho death and dying in livewells happening right now we're at the end of July going into August tomorrow.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]
    With these record breaking hot summer temperatures, I was wondering how that hydrogen peroxide is working for you guys now? Everyone I've talked with tells me that H2O2 is not working at at, livewells are failing, can't keep fish alive and everything is dying.

Livewell water punps, aerators, ice and livewell chemicals are not keeping anything alive very long, even when additional big water pumps are added to the livewell.

Got to use those baits quick ![/COLOR]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]TT[/COLOR][/FONT]

I never have any problem at all ....ever , but I pump in fresh water every 15 minutes or so ..I never loose fish and never use chemicals or ice.

Post Thanks / Like
    My partner actually built a contraption that pumps water from about 15ft down into the livewell....If you catch your fish in 12-15ft where the water is 70 degrees and put them in the 90 degree water in the livewell it shocks them....I was losing a ton of fish before we started doing this and knock on wood, but we haven't lost one since...I also put peroxide in the well...Not only are our fish alive when we release them, they take off in a hurry...Pumping the colder lake water in looks a little funny and we ocasionally catch a little flack for it but it works

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2etof7_x8NE

guys been doing this for a couple of years now and works great ....about the only fish i have lost is the ones that are my fault that eat the bait and bleed alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    My partner actually built a contraption that pumps water from about 15ft down into the livewell....If you catch your fish in 12-15ft where the water is 70 degrees and put them in the 90 degree water in the livewell it shocks them....I was losing a ton of fish before we started doing this and knock on wood, but we haven't lost one since...I also put peroxide in the well...Not only are our fish alive when we release them, they take off in a hurry...Pumping the colder lake water in looks a little funny and we ocasionally catch a little flack for it but it works
    how much peroxide are you adding to the live wells. never tried it. also can you add other stuff like(Stable)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin is life View Post
    my partner actually built a contraption that pumps water from about 15ft down into the livewell....if you catch your fish in 12-15ft where the water is 70 degrees and put them in the 90 degree water in the livewell it shocks them....i was losing a ton of fish before we started doing this and knock on wood, but we haven't lost one since...i also put peroxide in the well...not only are our fish alive when we release them, they take off in a hurry...pumping the colder lake water in looks a little funny and we ocasionally catch a little flack for it but it works
    why in the wide world of sports would you catch flack for trying to keep fish alive???
    I'm glad he thought of it. Keep on, keepin on, if someone gripes about that, they would would
    probaby find fault with home made cookies!!!! Tr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhead70 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2etof7_x8NE

guys been doing this for a couple of years now and works great ....about the only fish i have lost is the ones that are my fault that eat the bait and bleed alot
    fizzing is a totally different subject...

Post Thanks / Like

my experience

I have a 30 gallon cooler and a cheap bilge/aerator pump in my Grizzly. When I get to the water, the homemade livewell is filled with water and a 7 lb bag of ice. I don't change the water and rarely add to it. I fish 6 hour tournaments and have yet to lose a fish. The fish are always lively, look good and always swim off without being assisted.
    Last edited by spinnerbaitguy; 07-31-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: misspelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T @ E.C. View Post
    why in the wide world of sports would you catch flack for trying to keep fish alive???
    I'm glad he thought of it. Keep on, keepin on, if someone gripes about that, they would would
    probaby find fault with home made cookies!!!! Tr

They're not griping about it, we just look a little goofy sitting out there before take off filling it up....They're just pokin a little fun at us and usually pull up and ask us what in the world we're doin

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a big cooler in my boat with ice. When I catch fish I flip them in there on the ice. Keeps them fresh that way.

Plus it makes them stiff and easier to clean when I get home.

Hydrogen Peroxide ehh? I don't suppose I want a bunch of bleach blonde fish in my cooler.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's mucho death and dying in livewells happening right now we're at the end of July going into August tomorrow.

No problems from the guys I fish with but we all use ice to keep the water around 78-80

Post Thanks / Like

I think the key word is Keeping his Bait alive not his fish.Got to use those baits quick!