Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Williamstown Lake is a JOKE!

Went bass fishing this past weekend and this lake has really become over run with pleasure boats. (Drunk ones i might add) I have not problem with people having fun it a public lake but when you get on the lake at 6am with fog so thick you can't see 10 feet in front of you and all of a sudden a ski boat flys by with a skier on the back of it thats pretty bad. I really think grant county police need to do something about the drinking and boating there!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, exactly what I said. Go back in late fall. Mid October - December.
    Don't be surprised, you will still see a skiier then too.
    Did you catch anything???
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassky View Post
    Yep, exactly what I said. Go back in late fall. Mid October - December.
    Don't be surprised, you will still see a skiier then too.
    Did you catch anything???
    Bassky

Just a few small bank runners. I had a good time catching catfish at night off the dock tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree. Our club had a tournament there last year and by 10:00am I had to tie myself to my seat to stay on the boat. Fishing was impossible, it was like being in a bathtub. I swore I'd never go back. Even the no wake areas were so rough from the speed boats and jet skis you couldn't fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nkybass73 View Post
    Went bass fishing this past weekend and this lake has really become over run with pleasure boats. (Drunk ones i might add) I have not problem with people having fun it a public lake but when you get on the lake at 6am with fog so thick you can't see 10 feet in front of you and all of a sudden a ski boat flys by with a skier on the back of it thats pretty bad. I really think grant county police need to do something about the drinking and boating there!!

You just now finding this out? That's Grant Counties Tourism money,been going on for years.You can't fish it much until cooler weather and I've seen idiots tubing then.
    Wife caught a nice White Catfish out of there last year,never knew they were in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I though about carring a paint ball gun in the boat and pepper the hell out of some idiots like that, it would just cause a fight there needs to be a driver license for a boat. It is like a chain saw they sell them to people who dont even have a clue on how to use them or follow directions.

Post Thanks / Like

The place is nuts!!

[QUOTE=nkybass73;496496]Went bass fishing this past weekend and this lake has really become over run with pleasure boats. (Drunk ones i might add) I have not problem with people having fun it a public lake but when you get on the lake at 6am with fog so thick you can't see 10 feet in front of you and all of a sudden a ski boat flys by with a skier on the back of it thats pretty bad. I really think grant county police need to do something about the drinking and boating there!![/QUOur

Our bass club has a night tournament every year in the summer there; it was this past weekend. I voted on another local...but members that live close, do want to fish there to save money...we do go all over the state..so this is a chance to fish close to home for them, so it gets voted in. In the past three years I've about gotten ran over twice..and this past weekend they were shooting bottle rockets at the some of the anglers...and ME!!! I was told that it's a no wake after dark...But if you live there, evidently that doesn't apply. Do you remember about 7 years ago an old man got killed by a huge boat, flying down the lake at midnight, split his little bass boat right in half, it took a day to find the body of the old fisherman!! They blamed it on him for not having lights on his boat!! You ought to see these boats fly down the lake at night..CRAZY!!! And a few years before that..another individual was killed the same way!! You would think the law would be all over the place...but they arn't!! I tell you drunks run the place...I was going to say something to the fellas shooting bottle rockets at me..but it was a pontoon boat loaded with drunks..and I was all by my self. Even though I knew I could wipp everyone in the boat.....I didn't want to spend the night in the Pin..I just want to relax and fish!!. It's just a matter of time before somebody gets killed there again...It's not a place to bass fish...But if you want to drank and drive a boat around act crazy not worry about the Law.. pick up drunk red neck chicks on the docks...it's the place to go!

Post Thanks / Like

ahh yes, sounds like an ohio navy invasion.

http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/kar/301/001/012.htm

These people are everywhere, and they have absolutely no consideration for their actions. I understand that times are tough, and tourism dollars are important for local businesses and governments. But how many more people have to die because of them. Now, I'm not saying its just people from Ohio, but there seems to be an abundance those license plates in the parking lots. Either way, someone needs to enforce the regulations stated in the link I have provided.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by walleyemaniac View Post
    http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/kar/301/001/012.htm

These people are everywhere, and they have absolutely no consideration for their actions. I understand that times are tough, and tourism dollars are important for local businesses and governments. But how many more people have to die because of them. Now, I'm not saying its just people from Ohio, but there seems to be an abundance those license plates in the parking lots. Either way, someone needs to enforce the regulations stated in the link I have provided.
    your link does not apply to williamstown lake only to lakes owned or controlled by kdfg williams town lake is owned by grant county and they have not designated any part of the lake as no ski zones so they can ski the whole lake if they want to and nothing can be done about it until they deside to zone the lake

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by numbuts View Post
    your link does not apply to williamstown lake only to lakes owned or controlled by kdfg williams town lake is owned by grant county and they have not designated any part of the lake as no ski zones so they can ski the whole lake if they want to and nothing can be done about it until they deside to zone the lake
    I see, well that *****. It doesn't really matter. Any lake is like that. I don't know williamstown but it sounds small, so there really isn't anyway to get away from the douchebags. Still pretty sure alcohol consumption is illegal anywhere while operating a motor vehicle, so if a drunk ski boat buzzed you you may have legal rights to defend yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Good Place to get Killed

Quote Originally Posted by nkybass73 View Post

Many have been killed on this lake but nothing is ever done to make it safer. If memory serves me , the last person to get killed was a Mother of 5 behing the boat swimming and a 9 yeas a NINE year old on a wave runner ran right over the woman.

I have been to almost every lake in KY in my life and live about 45 minutes from Williamstown. Never seen this lake and don't plan on it.
    Good Luck and be safe wherever you Fish.