Search Fishin.com

Thread: Property Taxes

Post Thanks / Like

Property Taxes

I saw a comment on another thread that got me to thinking about property taxes and the elderly.

"Be it herewith noted and judged: No property tax shall be collected on a primary residence that has been inhabited for 25 years by the owners that are 65 years old or older."

The elderly are now hopefully retired but property taxes just keep on going and going. How many children must we educate? After 25 years, the elderly have educated a lot of children through their property taxes. When is enough enough? According to the State, NEVER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I saw a comment on another thread that got me to thinking about property taxes and the elderly.

"Be it herewith noted and judged: No property tax shall be collected on a primary residence that has been inhabited for 25 years by the owners that are 65 years old or older."

The elderly are now hopefully retired but property taxes just keep on going and going. How many children must we educate? After 25 years, the elderly have educated a lot of children through their property taxes. When is enough enough? According to the State, NEVER!!
    For homeowners 65 and older or totally disabled, $34,000 of the assessed value of their property is exempt from state taxes under the homestead provision for tax year 2011 and 2012. Call 502-564-4581 for details.