Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

cumberland stripers

Going down tonight to rent a houseboat for the weekend and plan to fish somewhere around otter/beaver. I've fished the lake 100 times but never this time of year. I will be going out of Beaver and will fish around the beaver and otter area until advised differently. I was thinking of downrigging white and chartreuse jigs and possibly a few u-rigs and keeping my eyes on the jumps hopefully. I really dont know what depth or how far into the creeks I should fish. Any help would be appreciaated.

Post Thanks / Like

Stripe bite

Your best chances are early morning, be in the water and fishing 1/2 hour before sun up and fish till 11:30. If you don’t have your limit by 9:00 you will have to wait for the next short lived bite which will happen 10:30-11 after that, bust out the tube for the kids or go home!!
    You shouldn’t need to be up in the creeks, they are more on the main lake on ledges and up in cut outs in the morning. You should find them in about 55-60’ of water with fish at 32-40’ if using live bait or down riggers keep them between the 32-40 ft mark and you should snag a few at the very least.
    If coming out of beaver turn left and work the drop offs in those depth ranges working your way towards the dam and turn around when you get to Indian.
    P.S. if you can’t be fishing at sun up stay home!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINHALL View Post
    Your best chances are early morning, be in the water and fishing 1/2 hour before sun up and fish till 11:30. If you don’t have your limit by 9:00 you will have to wait for the next short lived bite which will happen 10:30-11 after that, bust out the tube for the kids or go home!!
    You shouldn’t need to be up in the creeks, they are more on the main lake on ledges and up in cut outs in the morning. You should find them in about 55-60’ of water with fish at 32-40’ if using live bait or down riggers keep them between the 32-40 ft mark and you should snag a few at the very least.
    If coming out of beaver turn left and work the drop offs in those depth ranges working your way towards the dam and turn around when you get to Indian.
    P.S. if you can’t be fishing at sun up stay home!!
    My main man Justin! You still living the dream up there at CL? We moved across the country to Southern Utah last fall, and I'm going to miss our anual CL fall trip for the second year...sad, sad...but my buddies will be up there.

The only good thing is I have Lake Powell two hours away...smaller stripers, but no limit! They still catch an occasional 30-40 pounder there, but no where near the size consistancy of CL. Heading up there to LP all next weekend to hit the jumps...can't wait. Hope all is well with you and your wife...Take care.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    My main man Justin! You still living the dream up there at CL? We moved across the country to Southern Utah last fall, and I'm going to miss our anual CL fall trip for the second year...sad, sad...but my buddies will be up there.

The only good thing is I have Lake Powell two hours away...smaller stripers, but no limit! They still catch an occasional 30-40 pounder there, but no where near the size consistancy of CL. Heading up there to LP all next weekend to hit the jumps...can't wait. Hope all is well with you and your wife...Take care.

-Rich
    Hey Rich,
    Well depends on which dream your talking about. If its fishing when I want, where I want and how I want, as long as the wife says it's OK then yeah I'm guilty of living the dream. LOL
    I had a little boy since you left he is 4 1/2 months old now so had to take a few days off fishing but all was good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jayden Jai-Yu Hall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JAYDEN 20.PNG 
Views:	209 
Size:	323.7 KB 
ID:	4046