Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

high school fishin team

Hey guys my school don't have a fishin team right now and I'm real disappointed but I'm talking to the athletic director today after school I'm determined to get presentation academy a fishin team! Ill let y'all know the details after school hope it goes well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Katie!!! I hope you here what you want to here today. I think it is a great sport for HS kids to get into.

Post Thanks / Like
    Katie we are rooting for you. good luck and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Katie have your athletic director contact Mark Gintert at 580-716-4251 or mark@bassfederation.com . Mark is the Bass Federation National Youth Director and he can help you get started. Check out this website www.highschoolfishing.org for the Wayne County Bass Bandits High School Open Bass Tournament. Good luck with starting your bass club and hope to see you at our open tournament.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys i apologize i dont hav an update @ the moment i went 2 talk 2 the athletic director and she had left 4 the day so im gonna talk 2 her tuesday promise

Post Thanks / Like
    Kaite, do not go talk to the A.D. unprepared. Go to the KHSAA and print out all the info and follow up on the federation website as well as FLW. Make sure you can show all of this how it works and what its all about. Good luck and I hope the Toppers have a team!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Kaite, do not go talk to the A.D. unprepared. Go to the KHSAA and print out all the info and follow up on the federation website as well as FLW. Make sure you can show all of this how it works and what its all about. Good luck and I hope the Toppers have a team!
    That will help, if you have friends that are interested I'd take them with me too. Also, have your parents and the parents of other kids that are interested call the AD, Principal and even the Superintendent. It can't hurt anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys so I talked to the AD and I explained to her my dad could drive the boat and me and my friend would be the fishin team
    And she said they usually don't let parents be the coaches and she doesn't know if 2 people would be enough but that's all u need rite 2 people? But so anyways I'm not sure if well have a fishing team this year but it ain't over yet!!!!!! Ill keep y'all posted

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO it might be helpful to try and get commitments from maybe three or four boat owners that would be willing to drive. Then recruit a few other students that would also like to be involved. If it sounds like a program that has interest, and would be beneficial as a learning experience available to a variety of students instead of just you and your dad, the AD might take it more serious.

Good luck