Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Totally understand your point about going back to mono. I have been so used to mono and the feel that I still catch my fair share of fish with folks in the same boat using braid or Flouro. I am going to try tying the knots better and even a different knot. I'm open to trying these things since the idea of more sensitivity while fishing plastics is a great advantage. I was frustrated as all get out Saturday when breaking off several times and losing a few dollars of weights. I respect others opinions and will see how this works for me......I hope it I get it right and learn to stick with the Flouro.
    im using seaguar abrazx right now and it seems fine. no breaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Use the improved Clinch Knot

Been using Flouro for years and won't ever go back to Mono. Always used the Palomar Knot and had the occasional breakoffs on the hookset and I do use the Gorilla Hookset. I saw a video on the Palomar Knot about if the line gets crossed a certain way when cinching that no matter how much saliva you use it will break. I went to the Improved Clinch Knot earlier this year and have not had one single issue. Try it and you will like it. You can visually see when it is tied correctly as well and there is no way to tell if the Palonar lines crossed and cut into each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shaw's got the news....for your floro knot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I905PXIYww

double san diego jam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UK_Angus View Post

double san diego jam
    I use it here for tube and fluke fishing and @ Dale for everything. I buy it by the 1000yd spool. The Eugene Bend and San D Jam knot are great for it. I always use Eugene Bend Knot. Easy to tie in the dark. 8lb for River and 12&15 for Dale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UK_Angus View Post

double san diego jam
    That's a unique knot. I'll try that as well. I guess I really didn't realize how important the knot was with Flouro. I have tied the palomar thousands of times with mono and I'm sure many were not perfect but that line is very forgiving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Used this line exclusivley for three years now. I have never had it fail me yet. I use it because of the price and quality. Don't give up on the floro yet, it has many great advantages over the mono. 8, 10, & 15lb are about all I use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seagar Red Label is all I use on my jig rods. 15lbs test. I even use it on my flipping and pitching rods. Can't beat it for $ to value. I agree on the knot being the issue. I use a palomar on EVERYTHING and never have problems breaking off, unless I don't retie every once in a while. That's my fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well another day of fishing and no break offs during hook sets....only difference is I only caught a few fish this time so no real challenge but still no breaks is good. I tried several of the suggested knots and they all held up. It will take a little practice tying a new knot but like anything practice makes perfect! Thanks for the suggestions!