Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pleasure Boat Wipe Out

For those of us who hate pleasure boaters wizzing by at break-neck speeds, take a look at this:

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...+on+videotape/

Start the clip at the 1:17 mark and enjoy...I hope they're ok.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    The young lady in the middle really got thrown around. I too wish them all well.

With one exception. Totally no excuse for the driver. Mr Profile's greater concern for being flashy outweighted his resposnibility to safeguard the welfare of his passengers and friends. I think everyone on that boat is in a fine position to consult a lawyer and start action for pain and suffering. Just my non-legal, uninformed opionion of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, he shouldve backed off that throttle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.....That driver was slammed sideways and that girl looked out of it once she popped back up before going down again. I could see some serious ass chewing going on if my wife, girlfriend or daughter was hurt by this driver. Of course we don't know all the facts but from what I watched a butt stomping is in order!!

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    They showed this on WDRB news tonight, looked wild on the flat panel.

When I watched it a couple times, I agree, from teh first hit the driver never slow the throttles. A lawyer would have a field day with that. And local law enforcement ought be able, from the film as evidence, make a strong case for unsafe operation if not wanton endangerment.

I bet if we tracked weblogs and clsssifieds in MO, a Fontain is going to show up for sale shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky no one was killed. They did ticket the driver. Not sure it would make a different but I still think it would be a good idea to make everyone get a permit to drive a boat. Anyone can go buy a boat that goes 70 mph on the water but that does not mean they know how to drive it. Scary.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Scott Van Pelt look alike went down like a wet sack of flour. Did he faint from fear?

Post Thanks / Like
    From the video it doesn't look like anyone is telling the driver to slow down. I'd bet if we saw the whole video we would see that not only did they travel at that rate of speed for sometime before the mishap, but also that none of the passengers objected.

Sometimes we need to take responsibility for the situations we put ourselves in and not look to blame others for our own actions. Everybody wants to sue anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    The report said "filmed by our own Lake TV crew." I bet the pilot was showing off for the camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't have to drive recklessly to have that happen to you. My buddy and I were headed back to the ramp after a full day of fishing. The boat traffic was terrible and the wind was really whipping. Out of nowhere there were two big waves in a row and the end result was just what you saw in that video except my buddy was thrown from the boat and I ended up with my head next to the motor. I still have a knot in my head and that happened two or three years ago. We didn't see those big waves until we were on them because of the chop on the water and all the boat traffic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man...those people got ROCKED!!! Scary stuff...I agree that this can happen to a degree without being reckless, but I have a feeling that guy was just showing off and going way to fast...I probably would have also if I had some pretty ladies in bikinis to impress! Unfotunately for me its usually just my fat, hairy buddy with me...

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Man...those people got ROCKED!!! Scary stuff...I agree that this can happen to a degree without being reckless, but I have a feeling that guy was just showing off and going way to fast...I probably would have also if I had some pretty ladies in bikinis to impress! Unfotunately for me its usually just my fat, hairy buddy with me...

-Rich
    Yeah, Richy just about anyone can be driving at night and drive right over a guide cable at night in their new boat!!
    LOL, things happen even when your showing off with your hairy buddy beside you...