Search Fishin.com

Thread: Nolin Report

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin Report

Anyone been to Nolin the last week or so? Just curious if the bass fishing has picked up or not. I haven't been for a while, but when I went, it was pretty slow, so I kinda took a break from fishing there. $75 per trip in gas adds up when you aren't catching very many fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin Report

I have a buddy who went today and he only had a couple of fish. Did not get water temps from him but will ask if I hear from him. He is a pretty good stick on Barren/Rough/Nolin so I would say it is still slow. I was going to go this past Friday but the price of gas and the high humid temps kept me home to fish another day. It will be interesting to see how long it takes gas prices to get down to the $3.50 area which now sounds cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 09Z7SC View Post
    Anyone been to Nolin the last week or so? Just curious if the bass fishing has picked up or not. I haven't been for a while, but when I went, it was pretty slow, so I kinda took a break from fishing there. $75 per trip in gas adds up when you aren't catching very many fish.
    it's still slow. i fished the wax tourn. fri night, the 7th, a 3lb'er won it, no 2lber's weighed, and a 1.38 won 3rd!!
    only 5 fish weighed. i got between 83.4 and 84 in water temps. saw about a million minnows, but no fish under them. we caught about 3 slots, 2-3 dinks, all on worms. oh, the gas around the lake is around $3.69 gallon...tr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T @ E.C. View Post
    it's still slow. i fished the wax tourn. fri night, the 7th, a 3lb'er won it, no 2lber's weighed, and a 1.38 won 3rd!!
    only 5 fish weighed. i got between 83.4 and 84 in water temps. saw about a million minnows, but no fish under them. we caught about 3 slots, 2-3 dinks, all on worms. oh, the gas around the lake is around $3.69 gallon...tr
    Thanks for the info. I skipped it and installed a new transducer in my boat instead. Last I checked the gas was around $4 a gallon, and the fish haven't been biting good anywhere for me. I have had the best luck on the river which isn't saying much.