Search Fishin.com

Thread: Nolin 9/9/12

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin 9/9/12

Just got back from Nolin, me & my buddy Keith (who lives there) fished hard for 4 hours , neither one of us got the 1st bite??

Keith said the last few times he has been out , over the last 2 weeks , have been horrible , and he said all of his friends havent been doing very good either

He also said that the fish he has caught have been very skinny! I wonder if the horrible heat we have had this summer has had a bad effect on the lake? Maybe it has done something to the PH??

We rarely get skunnked like today. even if the fishing is bad we at least catch a couple of dinks . We fished Rock Creek(Iberia) and went WAY back up in there .

What has everyone else been expericing down @ Nolin????

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there 2 weeks ago and caught em pretty good. I had one go 5.2 on a jig at 5pm with boats every where. So who knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been the same for me. I consider myself a pretty good fisherman but since the beginning of August I haven't been able to catch a decent amount of fish. I'll hear reports of ppl catching them pretty good and I'll go out and have to use everything I have just to get a bite. I'm glad fall is coming that way fishing can be great again. I'm starting to doubt myself as a fisherman haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    Just got back from Nolin, me & my buddy Keith (who lives there) fished hard for 4 hours , neither one of us got the 1st bite??

Keith said the last few times he has been out , over the last 2 weeks , have been horrible , and he said all of his friends havent been doing very good either

He also said that the fish he has caught have been very skinny! I wonder if the horrible heat we have had this summer has had a bad effect on the lake? Maybe it has done something to the PH??

We rarely get skunnked like today. even if the fishing is bad we at least catch a couple of dinks . We fished Rock Creek(Iberia) and went WAY back up in there .

What has everyone else been expericing down @ Nolin????
    Did you see physically or on the depth finder any shad in Rock Creek?

Post Thanks / Like
    Went 3times this summer & every time we caught atleast 2 keepers & a bunch of slots on down.We was looking for jumps using Kayaks & didn't stay more than 3hrs.1 morning & 2 just before dark.All caught on spinner baits on river channel walls near the dam.
    Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBob View Post
    Did you see physically or on the depth finder any shad in Rock Creek?
    No sir, we sure didn't ...Keith said the shad have been thick way up in the River almost to 3 fingers
    We probably should have went up there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Saturday night from 7:15p-10:15p and shad were thick in Dog Creek. Caught 2 keeper LM 17-18 inches and 2 slots and 2 decent Ky's all on a deep middle N in shad pattern. No concentration of fish, just covered a lot of water.

Fished Sunday morning 7:00a-10:30a and was a bit slower...not much in the way of shad activity and only had 4 slots around 12-14 inches. All on same crankbait as night before. Fish were all caught in 8-11 feet of water.

This report ain't great, but it's the best one I've been able to give for at least a month...so I was happy.

Talked to a guy Sat evening who said that he wore out the slots on Thursday & Friday but caught no keepers. Said he hadn't caught many at all fishing nearly all day Saturday. Front might have shut em off a little I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger492 View Post
    Fished Saturday night from 7:15p-10:15p and shad were thick in Dog Creek. Caught 2 keeper LM 17-18 inches and 2 slots and 2 decent Ky's all on a deep middle N in shad pattern. No concentration of fish, just covered a lot of water.

Fished Sunday morning 7:00a-10:30a and was a bit slower...not much in the way of shad activity and only had 4 slots around 12-14 inches. All on same crankbait as night before. Fish were all caught in 8-11 feet of water.

This report ain't great, but it's the best one I've been able to give for at least a month...so I was happy.

Talked to a guy Sat evening who said that he wore out the slots on Thursday & Friday but caught no keepers. Said he hadn't caught many at all fishing nearly all day Saturday. Front might have shut em off a little I guess.
    Thanks Mr. 492!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've figured out why Nolin has been so off this year...its because I'm not there anymore! I have no other explanation...

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richyd4u View Post
    i think i've figured out why nolin has been so off this year...its because i'm not there anymore! I have no other explanation...

-rich
    that's why there was'nt many "jumps" this year, the fish were'nt jumping, try to get away from you!!!! Tr