Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Silent v.s. rattling crankbaits

So I have a mixture of both and am wondering what you guys and girls thinks work best for you? I know there's a time and place for everything but I seem to do better throwing rattling cranks. Even though I'm sure all of us have caught our body weight in bass on shad raps which are silent. But I'm just curious if some ppl throw both and what conditions do you prefer one over the other. Thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
    So I have a mixture of both and am wondering what you guys and girls thinks work best for you? I know there's a time and place for everything but I seem to do better throwing rattling cranks. Even though I'm sure all of us have caught our body weight in bass on shad raps which are silent. But I'm just curious if some ppl throw both and what conditions do you prefer one over the other. Thanks for any input.
    I generally use rattlers, like strike-king and bombers f.f.shads, DD-22's. but, if I'm fishin a tourn. or right after one,
    I try the silent ones, I fugure the fish have been pressured, and will shy away from a noisey one. tr

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard the same thing I just seem to do better with rattles no matter the time. I really think I'm gonna experiment this fall though

Post Thanks / Like
    Stained water with low visability the fish will be looking for prey more through vibrations, rattling....In clear water, the fish are much more spooky and feed visually, silent....Have also heard a lot of guys talk about fishing ledges and only being able to catch them on either rattling or silent....When the bite quits on one, they pick up the other and start catching them again

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought about the stained water, it makes perfect sence though. It's no different than throwing a spinnerbait with a big Colorado blade in stained water.