Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing on Sunday

Wanted to go to Beaver Lake or Herrington tomorrow. Anyone fished either one lately? Hybrids in the jumps at Herrington? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at beaver last weekend. Caught 8 in about 6 hours. No size to them though. It was my fist trip there so maybe I was throwing the wrong things. Shallow cranks worked well for what i did catch. My buddy got a couple on spinnerbait early.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JrBassin8r View Post
    I was at beaver last weekend. Caught 8 in about 6 hours. No size to them though. It was my fist trip there so maybe I was throwing the wrong things. Shallow cranks worked well for what i did catch. My buddy got a couple on spinnerbait early.
    Thanks for the info! We will prolly go to Beaver and if we do I'll post how we do.

Post Thanks / Like
    We put in about 10:30 this morning and started fishing around the dock bay area and maybe 200 yards up with no luck. We motored up to the first point into the first big cove on the right and started fishing Zoom Horny Toads in the shade and zoom 5" lizards. We picked up three fish in that cove.
    Went up past the dam to the second big cove on the left and started flipping tubes and jigs alond with the Horny Toad in the shade and picked up 5 more and one was a keeper. They were thumping that jig and man I love that
    solid hook set of a jig fish swimming off with my bait.
    Went to the next big cove back toward the dam and caught 3 more doing the same thing. My Girlfriend was ready to go so we left about 4:30. It was a nice day to be on the water and even though no grass in Beaver "really sukks" I still enjoyed it.
    We were checked by the game warden as soon as we put in which is cool with me but I have been checked on that small body of water more than anywhere in my life. Another thing anyone know what the rule is on motors there now? Used to by motors under 10hp can run but today I watched a big motor idle around like it was ok to do so. I'll check the rules later.....just curious on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try the new knots or a different kind of fluoro? Did you have any more breakoff problem with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Did you try the new knots or a different kind of fluoro? Did you have any more breakoff problem with it?
    Not a problem since I tied the new knots. The Shaw knot will take some time to get familiar with but its working well. I'm going to get some 20# for my jig fishing and see how that works. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Not a problem since I tied the new knots. The Shaw knot will take some time to get familiar with but its working well. I'm going to get some 20# for my jig fishing and see how that works. Thanks for the help.
    Awesome.......I've been using that shaw knot on my 6lb fnf leaders for a long time..........

Later,

geo

Post Thanks / Like
    10hp limit is still the rule. That came from the guy that owns/runs the store. I wonder if the warden saw the guy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mawi97 View Post
    10hp limit is still the rule. That came from the guy that owns/runs the store. I wonder if the warden saw the guy?
    Naw the warden left about 11am. This guy was trolling around without his big motor on until the warden left. Right after he cranked it up and idled with it. He knew what he was doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Naw the warden left about 11am. This guy was trolling around without his big motor on until the warden left. Right after he cranked it up and idled with it. He knew what he was doing.
    I am pretty sure you can do idle speed but just not run it. I was under the impression they changed all the 10hp lakes to this in Kentucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the sign posted at the ramp. I personally see no harm in idling with any size motor. I have not seen one person follow rule #2 so why enforce the 10 hp rule. I have a few spots I like to fish on the upper end but by the time I make it there, batteries are dead and somebody has already beaten me there anyway.

http://www.beaverlakemarinaky.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 09Z7SC View Post
    I am pretty sure you can do idle speed but just not run it. I was under the impression they changed all the 10hp lakes to this in Kentucky.
    I just looked it up with the 2012-2013 state rules and regs and Beaver is 10hp max and even that is at idle speed so you don't interfere with others. A person can idle big motors on a few lakes but not beaver.