Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Western Kentucky beat Kentucky by 1 point in overtime

wow!
    Congrats to Western Kentucky, I bet Bowling Green is rockin tonight.

Hope UK can bounce back and make a strong showing in the Swamp next week.

Wonder if this means UK will take WKU off their football schedule now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Splitshot and I both called this a couple of weeks ago. UK has one game left on the deal with WKU, after that they will probably not renew the series. WKU has done a good job of recruiting the last couple of years and Willie Taggart is a very good football coach, great pedigree and would be a good replacement for Joker. Provided Brainfart is smart enough to hire him.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called this one...actually before the season even started...so did Tim T.

Congrats to the Hilltoppers! Going for 2 in the 1st overtime to win it or lose it with a trick play that they just put in the book this week took cohones...and a smart coach who knew his defense was totally gassed. They earned it, and played well.

Louisville almost squandered their rout of the Tarheels...that turned out to be a close one too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    I called this one...actually before the season even started...so did Tim T.

Congrats to the Hilltoppers! Going for 2 in the 1st overtime to win it or lose it with a trick play that they just put in the book this week took cohones...and a smart coach who knew his defense was totally gassed. They earned it, and played well.

Louisville almost squandered their rout of the Tarheels...that turned out to be a close one too.
    Yep and twice I had to apologize to people sitting around me....luckily I have been sitting in the same section for years and these people know I am not usually using that kind of language. That second half disgusted me more than any half of football I have watched at PJCS! I am glad next week we are on the road, so I can curse the second half, conservative play calling in the privacy of my own home!

Post Thanks / Like
    So is joker finally gone? Maybe? Next year will have some new blood at the helm? Many good games yesterday including Tenn and Florida....UL surprised me, I really thought they were gonna blow that game. Well they actually did but won just by a hair. Yeah a win is a win but I was at BW3's and man there were some grumbling sad faced fans as NC started their comeback.
    The WKU final play was AWESOME!!! How can you not like a play like that?!?!? Sure they had nothing to lose since they had proven alot of the experts wrong by just being that close and giving an UK a good game. Man that was fun to watch. That was a great College Football day.

Post Thanks / Like
    The game last night showed just how far UK has fallen...I'm still a fan and will still watch their games, but it's time for Joker to go...I thought they should have gotten rid of Joker last year and pursued Mike Leach....They still wouldn't be competitive in the SEC, but atleast they'd be playing an exciting brand of football, and he can recruit a little...The only problem I see with UK hiring a decent coach is this, who really wants to come to the scrutiny that UK provides, and have to recruit and compete against the SEC....UK has a long way to go to getting back to being relevant, and it's not gonna be an easy climb

Congrats to WKU, they absolutely earned the win....I thought they outplayed UK most of the game and UK was lucky to be in OT with em

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    The game last night showed just how far UK has fallen...I'm still a fan and will still watch their games, but it's time for Joker to go...I thought they should have gotten rid of Joker last year and pursued Mike Leach....They still wouldn't be competitive in the SEC, but at least they'd be playing an exciting brand of football, and he can recruit a little...The only problem I see with UK hiring a decent coach is this, who really wants to come to the scrutiny that UK provides, and have to recruit and compete against the SEC....UK has a long way to go to getting back to being relevant, and it's not gonna be an easy climb

Congrats to WKU, they absolutely earned the win....I thought they outplayed UK most of the game and UK was lucky to be in OT with em
    I agree with your overall assessment of Joker and the Uk football program as a whole....But look how far U of L has come in just 2 1/2 short years by getting a Top notch Coach......The Coach means everything to a School like UK and U of L.....Uk just by being in the SEC and U of L for having to play in the Big East....Gonna be hard for UK to win 5 more games and go to a Bowl game....

I think U of L kinda blew their chances at being put into one of the 4 BCS games by letting UNC make that great come back....Even if U of L does go undefeated, that game will be the straw that will keep them on the outside looking in when it comes down to another team with a 1 loss record....But on the other hand if U of L would have kept the pressure up and blown UNC out...That win would have helped more than not...I guess you all know what I'm trying to say......

So far my Longhorns are looking great and just might get into one of the 4 slots that will compete for the NC....

Woot Go Longhorns and ArmyStrong.....................

Post Thanks / Like
    Whitebass, the four-team playoff doesn't start for two more years. As long as Louisville wins the Big East, they will be in a bowl bid. That being said, yesterday was a frustrating day as a Cardinal fan. For some reason this team doesn't want to put the throttle down when they have a big lead. It will come back to bite them sometime this season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Whitebass, the four-team playoff doesn't start for two more years. As long as Louisville wins the Big East, they will be in a bowl bid. That being said, yesterday was a frustrating day as a Cardinal fan. For some reason this team doesn't want to put the throttle down when they have a big lead. It will come back to bite them sometime this season.
    oh my bad dude, I thought it went into effect this year. No problem at all, since your conference is alligned with the Orange Bowl...of course the winner of the Big East gets the BCS bid....

Question though....With the way Notre Dame is playing and 3-0 so far...What are the chances of Notre Dame getting the BCS bid for the Big East, since they are in a deal to be able to get a Bowl Bid thru the Big East if their record is a certain way. Or maybe they actually can't get the Major Orange Bowl Bid, but a lower level Bowl Bid the Orange Bowl gets for their conference.....

And I agree, with their lack of play and not stomping a mud hole in UNC's tail this weekend....I saw on the news that they dropped in rankings to # 20

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebass View Post
    oh my bad dude, I thought it went into effect this year. No problem at all, since your conference is alligned with the Orange Bowl...of course the winner of the Big East gets the BCS bid....

Question though....With the way Notre Dame is playing and 3-0 so far...What are the chances of Notre Dame getting the BCS bid for the Big East, since they are in a deal to be able to get a Bowl Bid thru the Big East if their record is a certain way. Or maybe they actually can't get the Major Orange Bowl Bid, but a lower level Bowl Bid the Orange Bowl gets for their conference.....

And I agree, with their lack of play and not stomping a mud hole in UNC's tail this weekend....I saw on the news that they dropped in rankings to # 20
    Its kind of confusing but I will try and sort it out. Notre Dame is eligible for a BCS Bowl if they are high enough in the rankings. They cannot take the Big East slot in the BCS Bowl. The Big East is not penciled in to the Orange Bowl, they could be in any of the BCS Bowl games. In the past, the Big East Champion has played in the Sugar Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. The reason they usually end up in the Orange Bowl playing the ACC champs is because they try and keep the bowl affiliations similar to what they historically were i.e. the Rose Bowl pitting the Big 10 vs. the Pac 10 (12 now) and keeping the Sugar Bowl open for an SEC team.

Where Notre Dame comes into play regarding the Big East is in the lesser bowls. In some of them, they can take a Big East team or Notre Dame per the contract.