Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Beast from Newburgh.

Hello all I've been reading here for a lil bit now and finally have something to share. While out at Newburgh last week I witnessed something amazing. I watched a guy hookup on what seemed to be a monster. After quite a while of watching him struggle he seemed to have it landed as he was hangining over the side of his boat. I saw him waving in my direction so I went over. When I got there I about jumped out of my skin. I've seen a lot of 50-60 pound cats in my day but nothing close to this. I am unsure of its actual weight because his scale bottomed out at 75 pounds and he couldn't get it all the way out of the water. I've never seen a certified 100 pound cat but I think this may of been. I took a couple pictures on his phone for him and a couple on mine. He then let it go to swim again. Anyone know how I can upload these pictures from my phone? I'd love to show you all and share this experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbeastin View Post
    Hello all I've been reading here for a lil bit now and finally have something to share. While out at Newburgh last week I witnessed something amazing. I watched a guy hookup on what seemed to be a monster. After quite a while of watching him struggle he seemed to have it landed as he was hangining over the side of his boat. I saw him waving in my direction so I went over. When I got there I about jumped out of my skin. I've seen a lot of 50-60 pound cats in my day but nothing close to this. I am unsure of its actual weight because his scale bottomed out at 75 pounds and he couldn't get it all the way out of the water. I've never seen a certified 100 pound cat but I think this may of been. I took a couple pictures on his phone for him and a couple on mine. He then let it go to swim again. Anyone know how I can upload these pictures from my phone? I'd love to show you all and share this experience.
    wow thats awesome. I use www.tinypic.com Then choose message board (640x480) on the dropdown and hit upload! or you can e-mail them to me and I will upload them for you. pm about email.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully you all can see these? In one picture you can see the guy attempting to weight it. The others are self explanatory.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...n/ddcc7736.jpg
    http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...n/f1b31776.jpg
    http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...n/694d9716.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see the pictures. something might be wrong with photobucket.

Perhaps photobucket is not working right now. I'll try to see them again later. Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm looking for my pictures which I seemed to have deleted somehow. Grrr. One of my main picture folders is not on my computer anymore? I still have my pictures from 2011 up to today on another folder but the ones from 2010 are gone. Not sure what happened to them?

Hopefully you all can see these? In one picture you can see the guy attempting to weight it. The others are self explanatory.

PS. After I typed the above I tried to view your pictures again and they worked ok this time. Nice catfish. Photobucket must have been down for a few minutes when I first tried to see them.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...n/ddcc7736.jpg
    http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...n/f1b31776.jpg
    http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...n/694d9716.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    That's an absolute trophy and I simply can't believe he didn't have the fish officially weighed for possible state records. It almost looks fake until you see the last picture of the entire fish in the water. It reminds me of Jaws, call that thing CatJaws as it's coming up from the back of the boat to eat the fisherman. lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said I've seen many 50-60 pound cats and a few 70 pounds are more. This thing made them look like minnows. Now this is nothing but a guess but I would say 5-5 1-2 foot long. 105-115 pounds. I said he needs to have it certified because there is no doubt in my mind it's a state record. The guy smiled and said, I'd rather catch it again. Then let her go.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said I've seen many 50-60 pound cats and a few 70 pounds are more. This thing made them look like minnows. Now this is nothing but a guess but I would say 5-5 1-2 foot long. 105-115 pounds. I said he needs to have it certified because there is no doubt in my mind it's a state record. The guy smiled and said, I'd rather catch it again. Then let her go.
    I don't blame him. But yes that was a new state record I think. I would guess 115, and that is just comparing it to the 2 that big I've seen before.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess if he did have it weighed on certified scales the fish probably would've died in the process. It would be EXTREMELY hard to keep a fish that big contained number one and alive long enough to find a proper place to weigh him and then get him back to the Ohio River.

With those pictures showing the fish in pretty good angles, they may give an estimated weight on that fish. Compare the fish to the 40HP Mercury motor on the back of the boat for a good size comparison. That fish would scare the **** out of me in my little jon boat. I'll bet it's 125lb fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    W O W !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    what a fish. the BEAST is massive. definitely looks like a small shark. in the first pic that head is huge!

Post Thanks / Like
    I won't be swimming in the Ohio river around Newburgh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    I won't be swimming in the Ohio river around Newburgh.
    hahaha it'll only nip on your toes awesome fish and awesome angler for releasing it instantly. thats the way to do it.