Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Headed to Cumberland

I am headed to Lake cumberland this weekend for stripers, is anyone else going? If so does anyone have a vhf radio and want to help each other out on finding fish????

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a report of your last trip down there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not been for several months. I will let you know Monday when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Do you have a report of your last trip down there?
    How bout this past weekend?

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Jimmine Christmas folks. Share the info with the guy. I go and don't post sometimes too. Why, cause the trip bit the big one. So what if he doesn't post his results. Nice if he did, but what is this site for? One-ups-manship or sharing info?

Here's what I got second hand.
    a. Crappie are off the mark and hard to target as they are not relating to structure as expected.
    b. Some limited Striped Bass jumps outside Jamestown down the walls on the right as you leave the no wakes.

If it works, fine, if not, okay, blame me. Ya want to be me up by email?

All this bullcrap secrecy is lunacy......its' a darn big lake!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am new to these boards and will be at the lake Thursday and Friday,new to the lake and am always looking to the site for information but this time of the year it seems posts are few and far between
    Ill post how I did, it can't be worse than being at work.
    Any info would be great !Tight LInes and Screaming drags to all

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling it Reel!

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Jimmine Christmas folks. Share the info with the guy. I go and don't post sometimes too. Why, cause the trip bit the big one. So what if he doesn't post his results. Nice if he did, but what is this site for? One-ups-manship or sharing info?

a. Crappie are off the mark and hard to target as they are not relating to structure as expected.
    b. Some limited Striped Bass jumps outside Jamestown down the walls on the right as you leave the no wakes.

Thanks Bob, that's what it's all about. Live on the lake, but don't get out as much AS I SHOULD , but always ready to share info. Post when I have info, but always receptive to Email; gwbstriper@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    was there saturday and sunday , caught a lot of small largemouth back in the creeks in very shallow water on a squarebill crankbait , hope this helps the fishing overall was very slow on the main lake except for a few spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post

I was thinking I could go down to the lake (didn't) and was hoping he would return some kindness. I let him know how I did when asked and just seeing if he would return the favor.

Post Thanks / Like

My report/advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstorm View Post
    I was thinking I could go down to the lake (didn't) and was hoping he would return some kindness. I let him know how I did when asked and just seeing if he would return the favor.
    I fished last Sunday morning. I caught one 26" in the mouth of Beaver. Had several guides in there with me, they were pulling u-rigs or taking their live bait Skiing. They were moving on. I was pulling shiners about 35-40' at .8mph. Went to the dam about 10 am and caught 3 6 lb catfish at 40' deep on live bait!!! I was surprised. Had a buddy tell me to fish the dam and was headed there, UNTIL, I got bait and they said to fish Beaver Otter. Did not see any jumps. Will try again Tues am the 9th. Good luck, hope you all do wellRob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1678 View Post
    I fished last Sunday morning. I caught one 26" in the mouth of Beaver. Had several guides in there with me, they were pulling u-rigs or taking their live bait Skiing. They were moving on. I was pulling shiners about 35-40' at .8mph. Went to the dam about 10 am and caught 3 6 lb catfish at 40' deep on live bait!!! I was surprised. Had a buddy tell me to fish the dam and was headed there, UNTIL, I got bait and they said to fish Beaver Otter. Did not see any jumps. Will try again Tues am the 9th. Good luck, hope you all do wellRob
    Sounds like the Guides pulling (?) rigs were hunting fish, nothing wrong there, that why it's done. BTW, you can't cover much water pulling shad (shinners) at less than 1.-0 mph. For me, I,ve found the striper fishing tough lately, A 26 inch at Beaver, thats better then me 24 inch at the dam, after 2 days of hard fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was not able to make it down and most likely won't until the end of the month. Our last experiences were about the same as yours....no jumps. ????? We can see forever around the Beaver/Dam area and we haven't spotted one yet this year. LOL Wrong striper channel, wrong striper time.

During this time of the year we troll w/ Storm Wild Eye Swim Shad. They seem to work, you can troll a little faster, and you don't have to check bait