Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Did you see the usa bassin results at rough ??????????

80 BOATS WEIGHING IN AND ALMOST 60 GOOSE EGGS ???? NOT EVEN A SLOT . WHATS GOING ON ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have fished Rough off and on the past three weeks with only modest success. I had luck when that first 3-4 feet of weedy brush along the shoreline had water ontop of it. Not sure if it is still there. Everyone and their brother has been pre fishing for that event and with the stress of the heat this summer I think it might take till November to get a good weight out of there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roughscott View Post
    80 BOATS WEIGHING IN AND ALMOST 60 GOOSE EGGS ???? NOT EVEN A SLOT . WHATS GOING ON ?
    I'm sure a some of them had slot fish but just chose not to waste time and weigh in. However, the bite was extremely tough. You can catch a lot of 8 inch fish but even the slots are tough to come by. We only caught one 13" slot and one 16" keeper for the day. Pretty bad when you catch 3-1/2 pounds in a 136 boat field and come in the top 30% of the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Wednesday 3 fish Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    I'm sure a some of them had slot fish but just chose not to waste time and weigh in. However, the bite was extremely tough. You can catch a lot of 8 inch fish but even the slots are tough to come by. We only caught one 13" slot and one 16" keeper for the day. Pretty bad when you catch 3-1/2 pounds in a 136 boat field and come in the top 30% of the field.
    I hope with this rain it will turn around .

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope with this rain it will turn around .
    I was one with no fish weighed but had a slot..... Anyway, my partner and I had two great days of practice, one last Sat and one Wed. We had 12.5 plus one day with one over 4 and 14 plus another. We had 4-5 spots in an area within 3-4 miles. We got outside that and didn't find much but inside that area we found some spots and two different patterns. But as many of us (including myself) have heard, I caught 'em in practice but not in the tourney. We got second a few years back and last year finished only a spot or two out of the money but this year.....we didn't get it done. I love Rough River but it can humble you in a heart beat. Congrats to those who monied and to those who made the Classic, I guess we will fish the Nitro Cup for the first time next spring.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    I was one with no fish weighed but had a slot..... Anyway, my partner and I had two great days of practice, one last Sat and one Wed. We had 12.5 plus one day with one over 4 and 14 plus another. We had 4-5 spots in an area within 3-4 miles. We got outside that and didn't find much but inside that area we found some spots and two different patterns. But as many of us (including myself) have heard, I caught 'em in practice but not in the tourney. We got second a few years back and last year finished only a spot or two out of the money but this year.....we didn't get it done. I love Rough River but it can humble you in a heart beat. Congrats to those who monied and to those who made the Classic, I guess we will fish the Nitro Cup for the first time next spring.

Tim
    Wed. was tough for us but 4 plus with two fish and 3 plus with one fish got money in our three fish tournament . Thanks for the info . Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Ohio River Cox Park Regional

You still have a shot at the classic oct 14 cox park Lou.Ky sign up Bass Pro oct 13 4:00 till 6m the river is loaded with grass now a lot of limits brought in this summer I've got some neat giveaways come on out we always have a good time. Bobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looked & 81boats weighed in fish.Lots of goose eggs after that.Took 11.96 too win.Top 43 too qualify for nationals.
    Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill have a report later this afternoon after the wed. Morning tournament .