Search Fishin.com

Thread: Ohio River

Post Thanks / Like

Ohio River

Heard there was a fairly large tournament going out of Angel Mounds and another out of Dogtown tomorrow morning. Must be. Got out for what I thought would be a quite day on the river this morning, but was surprised to see quite a few boats well up into Pigeon Creek while trailering to the Dogtown ramp. A few were fishing the between the two most outer bouys on the bend on KY side and saw several flipping the boat docks above Dogtown. Actually saw several fish caught there while I fished the lower and upper end of Dogtown Island. Will have do some driving tomorrow morning with binoculars and watch for some new spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    american legacy was having there classic sat. I fished a new place on the green river sun. put in at calhon ramp. caught lot of small spots, had 3 keepers, one was a 16 inch large mouth. lot of stuff to fish right by the ramp

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRunt View Post
    Heard there was a fairly large tournament going out of Angel Mounds and another out of Dogtown tomorrow morning. Must be. Got out for what I thought would be a quite day on the river this morning, but was surprised to see quite a few boats well up into Pigeon Creek while trailering to the Dogtown ramp. A few were fishing the between the two most outer bouys on the bend on KY side and saw several flipping the boat docks above Dogtown. Actually saw several fish caught there while I fished the lower and upper end of Dogtown Island. Will have do some driving tomorrow morning with binoculars and watch for some new spots.
    There are some really good spots between Dogtown and Mt Vernon on the river. But if you fish the river a lot, you probablely are aware of them already. Plus, the two creeks west of Mt Vernon on the KY side produce good quality bass consistantly. Good luck fishing next season.

Dan

evansvillebassmasters.webs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sauger are running in the River below the dam

I read in the News Paper that fishermen were catching sauger on the River below the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by drjochum73 View Post
    There are some really good spots between Dogtown and Mt Vernon on the river. But if you fish the river a lot, you probablely are aware of them already. Plus, the two creeks west of Mt Vernon on the KY side produce good quality bass consistantly. Good luck fishing next season.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sauger were moving well on the river, but after the blowup of the river, most are waiting til she drops a bit. Unless this last rain hurts, it should be back to normal by next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I read in the News Paper that fishermen were catching sauger on the River below the dam.

I have never fished for Sauger. While I have friends that have showed me their Sauger caught, I still tend to only fish the Ohio for Bass. I have learned that there is some quality Bass on the river it just a matter of using some fuel to chase them down. I might have to try fishing for Sauger though. It seems to get a lot of chatter this time of year just don't know anything about the species. I attached a photo of a buddy and me with our five fish limit of Bass from the Ohio. The other fish all were caught on the Ohio River also. Good luck fishing.

Dan

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoMA33104434-0002.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	4474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoMA33104432-0001.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	4475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoMA32105158-0001.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	4477  
    Attached Images Attached Images