Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fall Fishing Barren River Lake

I am planning on making a trip this Sunday to Barren River, putting in at Bailey's Point. I haven't been there this year and was wondering what the conditions were like, what the bass have been hitting on and any other helpful tips. On the search for a trophy!

Thank you in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BassGuy3 View Post
    I am planning on making a trip this Sunday to Barren River, putting in at Bailey's Point. I haven't been there this year and was wondering what the conditions were like, what the bass have been hitting on and any other helpful tips. On the search for a trophy!

Was down there last weekend and it was really slow to say the least, seems like its been off most of the year. Most success was up in the grass. Frogs, Buzzbaits, and if you have some rage tail baits throw them or something similar such as a zoom super speed craw burned across the open pockets in the grass. IM me for more details. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nkybassfisherman View Post
    Was down there last weekend and it was really slow to say the least, seems like its been off most of the year. Most success was up in the grass. Frogs, Buzzbaits, and if you have some rage tail baits throw them or something similar such as a zoom super speed craw burned across the open pockets in the grass. IM me for more details. Good luck!

I would say the bite is improving. They started pulling a good amount of water on Tuesday so hopefully that will trigger the fish. I don't think these fish have seen current at all this year with the lack of rain earlier in the year. I think this spring at Barren was great. Had a few days in the spring where we caught 15-20 keepers a day. Just no giants this year. Caught a 5.12, 5.03 and a couple in the 4 range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished there saturday 10/20. Bite was tough. I had one bite all day. Partner had 2 small keepers. Took 7lbs to win our small tourney. 14 to win a medium sized tourney out of narrows. Everything shut down after 9:30 or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheel4life View Post
    Fished there saturday 10/20. Bite was tough. I had one bite all day. Partner had 2 small keepers. Took 7lbs to win our small tourney. 14 to win a medium sized tourney out of narrows. Everything shut down after 9:30 or so.
    Took 14 to win the brfl classic we tried everything but only weighed in one fish with nothing after 10 a.m.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BassGuy3 View Post

fish above the bridge in skaggs. flip grass