Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Fall Fishing Barren River Lake

    I am planning on making a trip this Sunday to Barren River, putting in at Bailey's Point. I haven't been there this year and was wondering what the conditions were like, what the bass have been hitting on and any other helpful tips. On the search for a trophy!

    Thank you in advance for any help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BassGuy3 View Post
    I am planning on making a trip this Sunday to Barren River, putting in at Bailey's Point. I haven't been there this year and was wondering what the conditions were like, what the bass have been hitting on and any other helpful tips. On the search for a trophy!

    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Was down there last weekend and it was really slow to say the least, seems like its been off most of the year. Most success was up in the grass. Frogs, Buzzbaits, and if you have some rage tail baits throw them or something similar such as a zoom super speed craw burned across the open pockets in the grass. IM me for more details. Good luck!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nkybassfisherman View Post
    Was down there last weekend and it was really slow to say the least, seems like its been off most of the year. Most success was up in the grass. Frogs, Buzzbaits, and if you have some rage tail baits throw them or something similar such as a zoom super speed craw burned across the open pockets in the grass. IM me for more details. Good luck!

    I would say the bite is improving. They started pulling a good amount of water on Tuesday so hopefully that will trigger the fish. I don't think these fish have seen current at all this year with the lack of rain earlier in the year. I think this spring at Barren was great. Had a few days in the spring where we caught 15-20 keepers a day. Just no giants this year. Caught a 5.12, 5.03 and a couple in the 4 range.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wesley
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fished there saturday 10/20. Bite was tough. I had one bite all day. Partner had 2 small keepers. Took 7lbs to win our small tourney. 14 to win a medium sized tourney out of narrows. Everything shut down after 9:30 or so.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheel4life View Post
    Fished there saturday 10/20. Bite was tough. I had one bite all day. Partner had 2 small keepers. Took 7lbs to win our small tourney. 14 to win a medium sized tourney out of narrows. Everything shut down after 9:30 or so.
    Took 14 to win the brfl classic we tried everything but only weighed in one fish with nothing after 10 a.m.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BassGuy3 View Post
    I am planning on making a trip this Sunday to Barren River, putting in at Bailey's Point. I haven't been there this year and was wondering what the conditions were like, what the bass have been hitting on and any other helpful tips. On the search for a trophy!

    Thank you in advance for any help.
    fish above the bridge in skaggs. flip grass

Similar Threads

  1. Masonic charities fishing tournament on barren river lake
    By rangerbob in forum Kentucky Fishing Tournaments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 10:02 AM
  2. Barren River Lake lodging for late Fall
    By mess in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 10:33 AM
  3. Barren River Lake Bass Fishing
    By EastTNJuniorBasser in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
  4. Barren River Lake Spring Fishing
    By RICHYD4U in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
  5. Bank fishing barren river lake?
    By penwil in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •