Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone bass fished Cumberland lately?

Heading down to Cumberland on Monday to bass fish, first time I've been there in a while. Just wondering if anyone was having any luck, and I'd so what on and what parts of the lake? Not asking for your honey holes, just some general info if anyone is willing to share. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking I just might put the boat in the water this week. Been a couple of weeks since I was out, but thinking top water just might be the ticket in the early am up in the creeks. Saw a lot of shad their last time was out.

Now, please be sure and give us a report, Ya!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will post a report of how I did when I get back on Tuesday. Hope I have a good report!! Haha. Thinking of trying around fishing creek, but any advice will be appreciated! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    caught a lot of small largemouth 2 weeks ago in the back of the creeks around jamestown , lots of shad back there. spotted bass were good on topwater half way back on bluff walls.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking of taking a day off next week and taking my boat out for the first time since the EARLY spring. Probably will go to Cumberland late next week so I'll be interested in any reports.

Post Thanks / Like
    small jaw, thanks for the report! Know1, I'll report Monday night when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Cumberland for about 8 hours today. It was cloudy up until about noon, then in the afternoon the bright sun came out and it got hot. Fished fishing creek - only caught 8 fish all day. And 7 of them came before noon while it was cloudy, seemed like when the sun peeked through the clouds the bite turned off. Caught a mixture of LM, SM, and KY's. It was nice to be on the water one more time before having to put the boat up when it gets cold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished for bass all day Mon and Tues from Jamestown to the dam, very slow bite. Caught only 2 decent size sm mouths and about a doz ky bass ( no size to brag on) caught all on top water or spinner bait.
    I fished Cumberland about 12 times this year and only had 2 slow days, other wise fishing been great. Note, I only go to Cumberland to fish in spring and fall and I usually only try for bass. I'll hit Dale hollow once or twice in Nov when the water temp gets into the 50's