Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Console, nothing working, no power???

I have nothing working on my console. No gas gauge, no rpms, no aerator for livewell, no bilge pump. Checked the fuses, seem OK. Could it be a bad ground wire. My depth finder on the console works, which is hooked up to the wire board under the console.Please any suggestions on what to look for. I am not an electrician, and am stumped!!
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    check all connections. something is loose or not connected.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how new the boat is but it might have a breaker that is thrown, or you might have a wire that has corroded and broke off at the battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Breaker

Sometimes there is a breaker or fuse at the battery. Be sure to check there. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    No fuses at the battery. No breakers. I have fuses on the console and checked them, all OK. There must be a loose or broken wire somewhere.

Barry Guest
    Might want to get a voltage meter. I think you can pick one from Wal-mart, I know Radio Shack would have one. Start at the cranking battery to see what voltage it has for output. Red to the (+) and Black to (-). The voltage should be around 12.4-.8 if the battery is good. Check El Super Ad and Family Dollar Ad. Follow the wires to see where they go and keep checking voltage and keep moving till you find the problem. Hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the exact thing happen to me earlier this year. On most boats, under the dash, there will be a wiring harness connector for all of your instruments and power at the console. On my boat, it was a white connector with about 10 wires that was hanging right under the dash. This had come unplugged. Actually, the clips that held the two sides of the connector together had broken and it had worked it's way loose. I plugged it back together and wrapped it with electrical tape so it couldn't come back apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have power under the dash/console, 12.7 volts to my main wire board. I did see the white connector of wires, hydrablade. I did not see there was a problem, but there could be. I will take this apart and see if there are loose wires or connections there. My power switch may be bad too. I ran out of daylight last nite. I am going to pull my 4 switch board off the console tonight and check voltage on wiring going in and the switches: power, lights, livewell aerator, bilge plus no gas gauge, voltage, rpms, etc. I have got to figure this out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    No voltage coming into master switch. Checked connector box of wires, seems OK. What a nitemare. Traced purple and black wires back to connector, not sure whick one is hot, or is suppose to be. Could I run a new hot wire from main wire board under the dash? Would this work???
    Last edited by Bassky; 11-12-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What specific boat is this ???

Year model & also what engine with model number ??? bbcboards.net(bass boat central) would be an excellent place for you to ask this question in the electrical & trolling motors forum or the specific boat brand forum you have. Someone will get you taken care of guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Les,
    I have it posted there too. I have gotten some feedback. One fella said it is tied to the ignition. I checked it with the key on still no power. I don't know where to turn now.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    if you have a master switch for your dash that runs everything, find out why you dont have power there first. that is your problem. if you dont have it there, theres no use in testing anything else