Search Fishin.com

Thread: Barren

Post Thanks / Like

Barren

I know someone should be able too tell me How low the water gets before Walnut Creek Dock is sitting on the bottom? Thanks
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

Dock

I do not know exactly when the dock is dry, but they normally stop at 528 for winter pool. The dock is dry for a little while before reaching that level. Barren is currently at 542 so it has a ways to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks & they really opened up the Dam today so it won't be long......

Post Thanks / Like
    How's it been down there? Thinking about going out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I havn't been yet.i'm all so looking for shad too start showing up too.If i go i'll post results.Last yr i went out of the ramp on the other side with pretty good fishing caught a yellow bass,some whites or small hybred,& LM. Last trip was 1 big carp on a trap....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Wind & more wind.Did catch a big gold fish saturday....

Post Thanks / Like
    Was down there yesterday and i give it a week still before you wont be able to use the ramp its dropping 6 inches or so a day

Post Thanks / Like
    On the Ky Afield call in show back in the spring they talked like eight of the native walleye stocked in the river had shown up below the dam. I'm assuming that means that they are not coming from Green river and that maybe the walleye are dispersing in the lake.

Last year i think someone (babyhuey?) caught a good one around state park. Anyway, i'd have to try for them if i were able to access the upper arm of the lake at drawdown, native walleye are always a trophy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've fished above the 100 bridge which is above Browns Ford.Like too float from 100 too BF someday.
    Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raincheck View Post
    I've fished above the 100 bridge which is above Browns Ford.Like too float from 100 too BF someday.
    Terry

we float the river 10 times or so every spring and catch a lot of striped bass and LM. we put in either at walnut hill road or hwy 100 bridge. i would suggest not going any futher down than the bend at walnut hill rd. the water gets to dead and to much paddling for me. good luck if u get to go. someone that was with us did catch one 14in walleye there last year