Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lesson 1

Post Thanks / Like

Lesson 1

If anyone reads this and does not know that it's considered rude to run your boat between a fisherman and a bank. It is. If I am within two casting distance from the bank I would prefer you to go around the me opposite of the bank.

Thanks for your cooperation.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Agreed.

What body of water were you on and was it a small creek or out in the wide open part of the lake?

I ask cause a week back at Cumberland way up in Lilly where's it's narrow a bass boat was dead center the creek, front guy casting left and back guy casting to the right bank. I was trolling swimbaits and had no where to go but to go between him and one of the 2 banks. And as I trolled by slowly, I got flipped off for it. I just waved, even though literally I would have had to stay behind the guy. He was dead center a small waterway and casting to both sides. Kinda leaves a guy stuck. So I just picked the lesser of 2 eveils and went for it (at 3.2 mph)

Anyway, just thought it would be helpful to others to know what your circumstance was.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    You weren't on the Cumberland River by any chance, were you? Yesterday a fly guide in a boat decided to camp out in a productive channel that people were already fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    good luck...the people that do this just look at you like they have no idea that theyre stupid

Post Thanks / Like
    It was not you guys. I was at Taylorsville and there was the whole lake he could have used to go around me. I would love to hear why he thought it was ok. I agree there are exceptions but in most cases it is rude to run between a fisherman and the bank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Agreed.

What body of water were you on and was it a small creek or out in the wide open part of the lake?

I ask cause a week back at Cumberland way up in Lilly where's it's narrow a bass boat was dead center the creek, front guy casting left and back guy casting to the right bank. I was trolling swimbaits and had no where to go but to go between him and one of the 2 banks. And as I trolled by slowly, I got flipped off for it. I just waved, even though literally I would have had to stay behind the guy. He was dead center a small waterway and casting to both sides. Kinda leaves a guy stuck. So I just picked the lesser of 2 eveils and went for it (at 3.2 mph)

Anyway, just thought it would be helpful to others to know what your circumstance was.

Thanks in advance.
    If it was something similar to this I would not even post it. I just hope he reads it and can tell me why he thought it was ok. Because it was not even close to being ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    good luck...the people that do this just look at you like they have no idea that theyre stupid
    LOL! So true.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fishing a bank at taylorsville and someone I thought was waiting on me to fish on by and was setting about 50 feet out from bank and about the time I got within about thirty feet of them they pulled right in front of me and tied up to the bank .so I had to go around them. What was I thinking some one having the courtesy to let me fish on by.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry.

If first post is talking about rough Sunday first thing, I wanted to apologize for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gocards40 View Post
    If anyone reads this and does not know that it's considered rude to run your boat between a fisherman and a bank. It is. If I am within two casting distance from the bank I would prefer you to go around the me opposite of the bank.

Thanks for your cooperation.
    This is completely understandable..........BUT if you are sitting at opposite side of a deep water channel fishing across the channel....the ONLY way into a bay, expect me to cut between you and the bank.....

If done this and had it done to me in places were the deep water channel may only be 10 ft wide at winter pool.

Sometimes there is no other way.

Later,

Geo