Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Help with Humminbird DI

I'm having some issues with my 900 series Humminbird DI. I fish a deep clear water lake a lot and I'm noticing that my 2d will not keep up with the bottom when I get in more than 40 feet or so. I've never been able to get it to read bottom when running on plane but now it's losin it quite a bit when just fishing or idling. I've got the transducer mounted just under the motor height on the drivers side. I've messed with the frequency from 200 to 83 and can't seem to crack it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ewyrick1215 View Post
    I'm having some issues with my 900 series Humminbird DI. I fish a deep clear water lake a lot and I'm noticing that my 2d will not keep up with the bottom when I get in more than 40 feet or so. I've never been able to get it to read bottom when running on plane but now it's losin it quite a bit when just fishing or idling. I've got the transducer mounted just under the motor height on the drivers side. I've messed with the frequency from 200 to 83 and can't seem to crack it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have read on the hummingbird forum some time back a few had the same problem. It is recomended to mount the transducer on the left side of the transom so as not to get turbulance from the prop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try looking at the 2D menu and see what depth the Max Bottom is set to. You can adjust the depth there or switch it to auto. You can also compare the depth settings by checking both the DI and 2D menus. If you need help, you can PM me your number and I can give you a call.

Post Thanks / Like

Try this!!

Quote Originally Posted by ewyrick1215 View Post
    I went to a Humminbird Seminar and really learned numerous tips and tricks. One thing that he (Fuzzy) told us was to be sure to run your frequency at 200/83 mode. That way it has the wide and narrow cone. The menu option is kind of hid, you have to scroll to the left from the frequency menu to get the Dual mode, the right only gives you the option for 200 OR 83. Hope this helps!!