Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

A Great Lesson for free!!

I learned a valuable lesson over the weekend and had to let you guys know so that you would not endure the same fate..
    It was this past Sunday afternoon that Smalljaw and I went to Lake "E" to whack us a good ol' Bigger'un...
    We had fought the wind for the better part of the day and were on the verge of winning before mamma said he had to come home..
    We decided to fish one last area while making our way back to the ramp. only 4 fish under our belt and one of those was a shad..
    I made a long cast with the wind and slow rolled my big ol' spinnerbait about 10 feet and then "WHAM!!!"..
    I Said Scott.. I got a big ol' Gooder'un. and he continued to fish and said something dumb like.. "Yeah.. It looks that way".. Well with out any help from smalljaw other than him telling me the obvious (Don't let him get in the trolling motor).. I fought him down the rusty pipe line I was fishing, into and then out of the trolling motor previously mentioned, and then beside the boat where I learned my lesson.
    Under no circumstances should you try to swing a 5lbr into the boat with 12lb line after you have ran it up and down the rusty @*&!! Pipe line and then through the &^@*! Trolling motor. (Who would have thought it would snap your line?)
    A better approach would be to lip him yourself rather than relying on some no good fishing partner that is too busy fishing to land your fish even with the big net by his feet. Just FYI.. So in wrap up. Don't swing em into the boat and don't bring a worthless partner or you could lose your 6 dollar spinnerbait.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think smalljaw would've been swimming his way back to the ramp. It's one thing if your partner tries to net the fish and still loses it. But just stand there and watch your patrner lose a fish without trying to help, That just wouldn't fly in my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!!

The best part is how Jabbo battled that fish like an 8 yr old girl fishing with a Barbie rod & reel. The worst part, other than him losing a $6 spiinerbug, was watching him panic like a newby to the bass fishing world. He's better than that. Also, in the process of horsing the bass, I believe Ol' Jabbo's thong panties got up in his crack a little too much. That tends to rush him, if memory serves, when he's fighting a big O toad bass. I really had to test my memory about any type of similar situation. I thing the last time Jabbo got a 5 pounder to the boat waaaaaaaaaas... 1998 maybe??? Prolly cuz his strong commitment to C Rigging pink buzzbaits doesn't pay off too often or fool the big girls.

Funny thread! I honestly felt a little bad about not grabbing that buckethead. Jabbo and I go back a long way. We've had some good times on the water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Proof !! See Proof!! He didn't help....
    Wait a minute.... What was this post about?...
    Rusty pipe and trolling motor Big ol' Buckethead Mama Bass vs 12 lb line
    or
    Lame A$$ not fish grabbing, keep on fishing, mumbling mouth non net using partner.

I just report the facts you decide

Post Thanks / Like
    Cranking a rusty pipe with 12 lb line + guiding a well hooked 5 pounder into your trolly motor blade + trying to swing a 5 pounder into the boat with, YES, 12 lb line = HURT FEELINGS AND $6 BAIT DOWN THE DRAIN. And who's the dumb dumb?

Post Thanks / Like
    hard to find a good net man

Post Thanks / Like
    I know right!!!
    As you can see, SMLJAW still wants to blame it on me. Yeah I could have avoided the rusty snaggy pipe and Trolling motor, I could have used 65# braid and Shot the fish upon surfacing with a stun gun too.. If I was going to do that why bring SMLJAW. Even he admits it was hooked up good. I figure If I hook it up and wrestle (or rastel depending on where your from) it back to the boat the least he could do is hand it to me. We could both see that she inhaled that lure (both hooks). .. Yeah I could have done a lot of things different.. I guess the most important thing would have been to make sure my partner knew how to lip a fish or use a net! Your right.. I may need to find me a new net guy I think I'm gonna teach him how to thumb fish and then take him Sauger fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Solution A: jabbo takes dynatrak next time and while said fish is running against the rusted pipe, I shall dive in and periodically measure the tensile strength of said line and report back to jabbo condition of said line as he is reeling in the toad. Ishall also deflect said fish away from trolling motor by using my big noggin before entanglement occurs.

Solution B: smljaw takes me and we make fun of jabbo while we catch the toads, one of which had a six dollar girlie blade hanging from her lip.

Post Thanks / Like
    BWAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAA... LOL

Let's make it happen DTRAK.. We can fish my lake or yours..Or we can go to the river.. The Sauger should be headed up to the lock. especially after this rain.. It's about half way between us..I wouldn't even make you dive in or nothing. (You know how to use a net right?) . We can make fun of Scott and his friend Steve....