Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Reel

I have a few of the BPS Pro Qualifiers and very pleased with them . Can catch them on sale for around $80.00

Post Thanks / Like
    I would buy the one " I " liked. Period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Issy1 View Post
    Lew's Tournament MG Speed Spool, you can't beat it for the money.
    I just bought one a few minutes ago! It seems like a very nice reel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
    I just bought one a few minutes ago! It seems like a very nice reel.
    I have three of them. They seem more durable than the Quantum PT Energy Reel I own, equal in quality as the Shimano Curado G I hve, and I def like the larger handle for hard hook sets. Hope yours lands a lot fish in 2013.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for pro qualifier,just bought 6 new ones sfter quitting for 2 years but when i started bacj it was pro qualifiers for reels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, the OP was asking for a reel for $130 not $80. I have 3 Pro Qualifiers and I will agree that it is one fine reel and you won't beat it for the money but for $130 I have a Johnny Morris CarbonLite that is a lot better reel. Weighs less than 6 ozs. I can easily throw 1/4 oz jigs all the way up to the 3/4 and 1 oz jigs. It has way more than enough power to haul in the hawgs too. Again I have the Qualifier and the CarbonLite is a much better reel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southern View Post
    Another vote for pro qualifier,just bought 6 new ones sfter quitting for 2 years but when i started bacj it was pro qualifiers for reels.
    Nice to see you back......I was here when you sold your boat........did you get another one yet??

I too am a johnny morris/bps/pro qualifier guy.....I replaced all my old cumara green reels with johnny morris or pro qualifiers.

My wife purchased me a signature series johnny morris for Christmas, and it is by far the smoothest reel I've ever used.........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Nice to see you back......I was here when you sold your boat........did you get another one yet??

I too am a johnny morris/bps/pro qualifier guy.....I replaced all my old cumara green reels with johnny morris or pro qualifiers.

My wife purchased me a signature series johnny morris for Christmas, and it is by far the smoothest reel I've ever used.........

Later,

Geo
    . Have not found the boat I want ( or let me say afford) yet. Gonna fish some BFL co angler this year while I ponder on next boat.never missed anything as much as I have fishing,won't quit again.i mite say too I been fishing some local small lakes outta my father in laws boat with my son and I have never had as much fun.gonna do lotta small lake fishing.thanks for welcome back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Abu Garcia Revo S. I love mine but it is the older model. My dad has the new 3rd generation model and it feels just as good, if not better. Also, Tacklewarehouse has the old model Revo STX on sale for $150 so for $20 more you can get a $200 quality reel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive owned most of them and have finally settled on the curado e series reels. The pq's felt good when new but wore out quickly. Im starting my 3rd season on my curados and theyre still as smooth as when i bought them. The revos also performed well just didnt fit my hand correctly. Make sure you mount the reel you decide on on a rod to ensure it feels good in your hands

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Ive owned most of them and have finally settled on the curado e series reels. The pq's felt good when new but wore out quickly. Im starting my 3rd season on my curados and theyre still as smooth as when i bought them. The revos also performed well just didnt fit my hand correctly. Make sure you mount the reel you decide on on a rod to ensure it feels good in your hands

I took my pro qualifiers apart and added new/better grease and man oh man....they are pretty dang good.

I've had them for 5-6 years now.........I have 2 that are nearly 8 years old..........not bad at all.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

Later,

Geo
    Have you ever used the old carbon lites ?, they look just like the pro qualifers in the pictures. Bass pro has them on sale on line for 59 dollars. I really like my pro qulafiers but dislike the new johnny morris carbon lite i bought. would like to replace it with another reel but wanted some input before i spent the money.
    Ps i have a slightly used johnny morris carbon lite reel for sale , I have the box and the reciept.