Search Fishin.com

Thread: St Croix Mojo

Post Thanks / Like

St Croix Mojo

Wife got me a new Mojo crankbait rod and it feels light as a feather. Any1 used this rod on here?? Reviews are good for the rod on the internet.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Sglass St Croix

I have a 7'8 that I use for deep cranking. I have been very pleased with the action and sensitivy as well as my hook to land ratio. The best attribute though is the ablility to launch large crankbaits like a pro which keeps my bait in the strike zone longer ie more fish. The only downside I've experienced is not the rods fault, but my boat set up. Ocasionally, I will hit my windsheld when I load the rod up for a long cast. Also, handles the toads well on a long line and has enough backbone to wear them down.

Hope You Like It,
    HYDROJUNKIE

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the 7 footer and liked it a lot for bigger cranks. I thought it was a little too stiff for me though and sold it. I used it for my spinnerbaits more often than cranks. I have 5 other mojos and haven't had one complaint, I think you will be pleased.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the 7' crankbait rod and I love it. Good sensitivity and good action. Not too heavy, pretty comfortable to fish with all day pulling Bandit 300s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mawi97 View Post
    I had the 7 footer and liked it a lot for bigger cranks. I thought it was a little too stiff for me though and sold it. I used it for my spinnerbaits more often than cranks. I have 5 other mojos and haven't had one complaint, I think you will be pleased.
    I also thought mine was to stiff and now use it for spinnerbaits. I think it's a great spinnerbait road though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like my St Croix Mojo Bass Rods. However, I use a Wright McGill S Glass for Cranking both in 7' and 7'10' for deep Cranking. I have them paired with a Shimano Curado G 6.4:1 and Lews Tour MG 5.4:1. I use the St. Croix for Plastics, Jerk Baits, and Top Water. I believe I have as good as tip action as the GLoomis Rods I use. Hope yours brings you a lot of fish in 2013. Good luck on the water.

Dan

Evansvillebassmasters.webs.com
    Evansville Bassmasters Bass Club|FaceBook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Large Mouth Bass.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	4503  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I heard Wright McGill rods will snap on long casts in your hand and on solid hooksets it the only reason I didnt ask for that rod. They do feel really good in your hand but I didnt trust it per the negative reviews. I had a BPS cranking rod and I used it so much it started to splinter around the handle. Good rod I just wanted to upgrade since she was wearing out. Thanks for all the input guys I cant wait to try her out!! I think the wife done pretty good, she got me a spinning rod a few years ago instead of the baitcasting rod I asked for........she thoght they were he same

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sglass View Post
    I heard Wright McGill rods will snap on long casts in your hand and on solid hooksets it the only reason I didnt ask for that rod. They do feel really good in your hand but I didnt trust it per the negative reviews. I had a BPS cranking rod and I used it so much it started to splinter around the handle. Good rod I just wanted to upgrade since she was wearing out. Thanks for all the input guys I cant wait to try her out!! I think the wife done pretty good, she got me a spinning rod a few years ago instead of the baitcasting rod I asked for........she thoght they were he same

Shawn
    I only use the Mojo Rods or my Loomis Rods for techniques that require hard hook sets. I am sure you will love the Rod. They become addictive. I know I started to purchase rods for every technique. It kills me sometimes to think how much money is in the equipment but like a food set of golf clubs you need the right tool for each specific situation. Good luck on the water.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my mojo bass rid is a 7 foot crank bait I kick some butt with it last summer I also have the 7 foot worm rid too I love them both I have a loomis rod and I use those three pole the most out of the 10 I have you will be very happy with yours !