Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

I will be officially up and running next year!

If youre heading to the Destin or Pensacola area look me up. In the next month or two I will be fully insured and liscenced and will be offering the BEST offshore kayak experience on the panhandle. I am also the only guide from Pensacola to Destin specialize in offshore kayak fishing.

Due to the extra attention needed offshore, I limit myself to two anglers per trip. I also will be the ONLY guide in the area to offer high quality Hobie mirage drive kayaks. The kayaks are pedal driven for a hands free fishing experience. They are extremely stable as they have pontoon type outriggers that make flipping the yak pretty much impossible.

Snapper, grouper, triggerfish and bonita are year round targets. During the spring-fall king mackerel, spanish mackerel, cobia, jacks even sailfish, mahi-mahi and tuna are not uncommon catches. During the winter, which we are doing right now, the flounder bite is pretty hot.

Next years snapper season is still up in the air. It will most likely open in June and be open, we hope, for at least forty days. If you are down in that time of the year, you WILL catch your daily limit of delicious red snapper. I will fillet, vacuum seal and even freeze and pack your catch for the trip home if you so desire.

No experience needed. The Hobie kayaks are big, comfortable, easy to use and safe. Anyone that can walk around Bass Pro Shops for a couple hours can put several miles on one of these kayaks with ease. Catching fish out of a silent, small craft in the Gulf of Mexico is an experience that is just too hard to explain. Once you go on your first Nantucket Sleigh Ride you'll know what its all about. Besides the fishing, experiencing the local wildlife such as dolphins and sea turtles up close and personal is a wonderful treat in its self.

If you have always wanted to do an offshore charter but thought the prices were out of this world look me up. We WILL catch the same fish the big charter boats fish for and at times you may be fishing right along side them but for a fraction of the price. Or, if youre looking for an adventure youre not soon going to forget, I can promise you, a day spent fishing just inches above the water is one of those trips.

Mods if this is inappropriate let me know. As much as I love fishing, I love seeing a primarily fresh water fisherman hook up into a hard pulling snapper or a blistering fast king mackerel for the first time out of a kayak even more.

I am located in Navarre, FL about thirty minutes east of Pensacola Beach, thirty minutes west of Fort Walton Beach/Okaloosa Island and forty minutes west of Destin. If you do not want to drive too far, we can fish the waters off of Destin or Okaloosa Island, however the best fishing is in Navarre as we do not have to deal with hardly any boat traffic. If you are staying in Navarre on the beach, in most cases I can meet you on the beach behind your hotel. When we are done, simply meet back up with your family at the beach or the hotel swimming pool while I clean your catch. Now what other kind of charter offers that?

I am excited about being fully operational and I hope I get the pleasure of taking some of you out for a great day on the water.

Contact me at jldowns04 at gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to set a trip up. Or even just to chat about kayak fishing as it has become one of my true passions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Lb3N23H95Ga5E25Keccd02b9dcd0bee613d4.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	4496  
    Last edited by JD7.62; 12-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took the family to P'cola a couple years back and all I could think about was getting out there in a yak and fishing! Tried from the beach but only landed a ladyfish. We have kicked around the idea of going back. If we do I will be giving you a call!