Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Your Ordinary Tow Vehicles

OK. I withdrawl my offer for a partnership on a computer fishin pole. I'll just save up til I can buy the whole thing. When you see me on the lake snoozin between hookups and ask me my secret I'm not sayin a thing. Just goin back to sleep with my computer rod and trollin motor both on auto pilot.

And I'll be ready for the bites. I'm at the shop goin through the ol' Sea Nymph. Thinkin about puttin a hitch on the Delta. If I could make the Delta float I think I could be a hit in Nashville trollin at Piercy Priest. That rig would stretch out to forty one feet on the road, maybe forty five doin eighty on 65 South.

Sent from my smartphone using Forum Runner Mobile App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1011882707.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	4558  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Well, at least there won't be any children involved.

Why do they call it support when paid to children, but FEEs when paid to a lawyer?
    Isn't alimony and maintenance supposed to be in there somewhere???

Post Thanks / Like
    No. We never got the attorney which is good because they always go after the boat first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    OK. I withdrawl my offer for a partnership on a computer fishin pole. I'll just save up til I can buy the whole thing. When you see me on the lake snoozin between hookups and ask me my secret I'm not sayin a thing. Just goin back to sleep with my computer rod and trollin motor both on auto pilot.

And I'll be ready for the bites. I'm at the shop goin through the ol' Sea Nymph. Thinkin about puttin a hitch on the Delta. If I could make the Delta float I think I could be a hit in Nashville trollin at Piercy Priest. That rig would stretch out to forty one feet on the road, maybe forty five doin eighty on 65 South.

My better half is wondering if that 88 is a 1975? Hard to tell by the pic. 350 or 455? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    My better half is wondering if that 88 is a 1975? Hard to tell by the pic. 350 or 455? Thanks.
    Yeah. 1975 350 rocket engine with all the air polution contraptions they could thimk of in the day. Slower than molasis.

After making that last post it dawned on me that I should change my name for the car from " the blue convertible" to " the "Delta Queen".

Hope I havent hiacked this thread.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    [QUOTE=peter;505219] Thinkin about puttin a hitch on the Delta. If I could make the Delta float I think I could be a hit in Nashville trollin at Piercy Priest. That rig would stretch out to forty one feet on the road, maybe forty five doin eighty on 65 South.

Pete, that would be a classic looking rig. I plead guilty off topic, but check these out. (Dad's old rigs)

Name:	ls trailer street2.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	4561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS79-2.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	4562  

Post Thanks / Like
    Pete, that would be a classic looking rig. I plead guilty off topic, but check these out. (Dad's old rigs)
    Man. A Caddy at that! Pretty close parallel when look at size and color of boat and car.
    With a Cadillac pulling an aluminum boat that would make for some real smooth road trips and camping facilities.

In college a friend bought an old green Caddy. A big one. We took it from Lexington to New Orleans. I had the whole back seat to my self and never got out until we slid into New Orleans.

I pulled with a Buick LeSabre from 95 to 2004. That was a modern day car with struts and everything. It really took the curves well on the two lane.

Guilty again. Maybe I can move these posts and start a new thread. "Odd towing Vehicles"

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    "Odd towing Vehicles"
    I think we have a winner Picture this. Dad used to tow that aluminum boat with a 440 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. On a fishing trip to the bay back in the early 70's, and while towing the 19 foot Lone Star, the ole man got irratated by a kid in a 289 Mustang sitting beside us at a stop light in Baltimore. When the light changed, he dumped the gas pedal, the Chrysler 440 lit up both tires and he beat the Mustang to the next traffic light. The kid in the Mustang would not look at us at the next light.

Name:	1995 MAY.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	4575  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    I think we have a winner Picture this. Dad used to tow that aluminum boat with a 440 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. On a fishing trip to the bay back in the early 70's, and while towing the 19 foot Lone Star, the ole man got irratated by a kid in a 289 Mustang sitting beside us at a stop light in Baltimore. When the light changed, he dumped the gas pedal, the Chrysler 440 lit up both tires and he beat the Mustang to the next traffic light. The kid in the Mustang would not look at us at the next light.
    Now that is a small tow vehicle. Did you have to put the propeller on the pontoon to make it go?

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Now that is a small tow vehicle. Did you have to put the propeller on the pontoon to make it go?
    It towed downhill real good. at 15 mph, it took the Subaru about 300 feet to stop the boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peter that is a perfect color match.

I bought a 1976 + or - caddy hearse for 500 at a charity auction I planned on putting a hitch on it and making an old wood casket for my fishing rods and back my ranger in the water at Kentucky dam boat ramp during a tournament open the back doors roll the casket out and get my rods out etc. but there was to much wrong with the hearse to fix it up plus the huge engine would probably only get about 4 mpg pulling a boat. But it would be the talk of the boat launch and turn some heads going down the highway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mortician.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	4588