Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Conservation Officer Recruits Wanted KDFW

Frankfort, KY. - Applications are now being accepted for conservation officers at the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources.

"We’re going to hire 15 recruits," said Hank Patton, director of Kentucky Fish and Wildlife's Law Enforcement Division. "We have positions open in Bath, Butler, Carroll, Christian, Cumberland, Elliott, Fulton, Grant, Jessamine, Johnson, Kenton, Lewis, Magoffin, Taylor and Warren counties."

Applicants must be 21 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, meet educational requirements or have experience in related fields. Recruits are not hired as full-time employees until they pass a series of tests and successfully complete training requirements.

The first step in the 46-week process is to submit an application online at Kentucky: Personnel Cabinet - Personnel Cabinet Home. Applications are being accepted through Jan. 11.

To review the job posting click on "Job Seekers," then "State Job Opportunities" and "Search Openings." Select "Conservation Officer Recruit" from the job title pull-down box.

Recruits must pass a written test, physical fitness test, swimming test, oral interview, psychological and drug screen, polygraph, background review and medical evaluation to be considered for selection.

"Once hired, recruits must successfully complete the 12-week Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Academy," said Patton.

"Any recruit who is not already a certified peace officer must also complete the Department of Criminal Justice Training's 18-week Basic Law Enforcement Academy," said Patton. "Once these courses are completed, recruits go through 16 weeks of field training. That's where we evaluate them on their ability to enforce fish and wildlife laws."

Conservation officers are sworn peace officers with statewide authority. Their primary responsibility is the enforcement of hunting, fishing and boating laws of the Commonwealth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually applied last week for this position. I found out yesterday at 9am that I was accepted and am being considered as a candidate. I just met the dead line to fax over my DD214 from my military service so they gave me veterans status as well. I have been really praying about this job. I was a police officer in the Air Force and its been my life long dream to be a DNR.