Search Fishin.com

Thread: KBL

Post Thanks / Like

KBL

KBL is looking for guys that like to fish and have a good time. We are a league for the average fisherman, we are not looking for the next KVD, just the average guy who likes to fish and have a little fun while doing it. We are in our 4th year as a club. Please check us out at kybassleague.com or on facebook.com @ KBL. In 4 years as a club we have 95% retention for members! If you are looking for a club that likes to fish and have fun we are the club for you. Check us out!

Barry Guest

Just a thought...

Might want to update your website and or rules about a fishing "history".

Post Thanks / Like
    KVD, that's a stretch---LOL-----better not have even fished a Federation tournament or a BFL, because you'll wont be allowed in or get kicked out if they find out you did and you better not win any of their tournaments or they will kick you out for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    KVD, that's a stretch---LOL-----better not have even fished a Federation tournament or a BFL, because you'll wont be allowed in or get kicked out if they find out you did and you better not win any of their tournaments or they will kick you out for sure.
    That is an outright lie. Winning had 0 to do with you being asked to leave, it was the misrepresentation of your past. I had hoped that you would have come to your senses by now but I see your still unwilling to let it go. Oh well best of luck with wherever you are now.

To those interested feel free to ask the other 95% of our members who really enjoy the club and enjoy the equal playing field that has led to 3 different team of the year honors in 3 years.

Like I said this a league who like to fish for fun. If your interested check us out, if not that's fine too.

Post Thanks / Like

KBL

I called Steve Tuesday to see about joining the club. He took mine and my partners info and said he would call me back within the week. We are very interested in joining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CMIDD View Post
    I called Steve Tuesday to see about joining the club. He took mine and my partners info and said he would call me back within the week. We are very interested in joining.
    That is great! Looking forward to fishing with you.

Post Thanks / Like

KBL

Look forward to fishing with you as well! Hopefully I will hear from Steve in a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CMIDD View Post
    Look forward to fishing with you as well! Hopefully I will hear from Steve in a few days.
    Don't worry, I am sure you will hear from him in the next couple days. His weeks are pretty action packed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueJake View Post
    That is an outright lie. Winning had 0 to do with you being asked to leave, it was the misrepresentation of your past. I had hoped that you would have come to your senses by now but I see your still unwilling to let it go. Oh well best of luck with wherever you are now.

To those interested feel free to ask the other 95% of our members who really enjoy the club and enjoy the equal playing field that has led to 3 different team of the year honors in 3 years.

Like I said this a league who like to fish for fun. If your interested check us out, if not that's fine too.
    Mark you knew coming in that our club was designed for guys who are new to tournament fishing or for those who just enjoy tournament fishing on an amateur level. You were very aware of that and chose to enter our club. Once concerns were brought up about your past I started checking in to you and quickly found out that you did not fit the mold of what our club was about.
    According to your FLW profile you have fished 34 tournaments since 1995 with career earnings of $4600. FLW Fishing Community - MARK WENGER - Louisville, KY
    On this event you won first place and outfished 80+ boats for $3200. Wenger wins Mountain Division event on Ohio River - FLW Fishing News
    Here you tied for 34th place in angler of the year. 2011 Angler of the Year Standings » Kentucky Bass Federation
    Here you were in the top 30. Runions Leads Southern Divisional Bass Fishing Tournament on Hickory Lake | The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide® LLC
    Here is your bassmaster tournament history including 2 top 10 finishes. Mark Wenger | Bassmaster
    That doesn’t really qualify as “fished a tournament or two with the federation” does it?
    This was just a quick search, when the original concern came up I looked much deeper and found much more. This is the last of my time that I am wasting on this. The bottom line is that you have fished in many tournaments, on a semi-pro level, for many years. That is great, good for you but you knew when you came to KBL what the league was about. It is about being fair, having fun and fishing with the average guy. You knew that KBL is just a small club for guys on a fairly level playing field that is meant to be a fun league. Point blank you lied about your tournament experience and when we found out you got pissed. Since this I have looked into every single guy in the league and NOT ONE OF THEM has any sort of history like this. I honestly feel like you were just looking to take advantage and you are a liar.
    Ain’t google a b**ch!
    Isn’t it also funny how you say that “if you beat them, they will kick you out”? This is another blatant lie. I have placed in 2 tournaments over 3 years. I run and fish in this league for the camaraderie and the sport.
    If you are looking at this and want to fish with average guys on a level playing field then we are the club for you. If you want to make a name for yourself or are looking to take advantage of a good group of guys who don’t have your experience level then we are not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I came to terms with it alright til I saw your misrepresentation about wanting average fishermen. Look a little deeper and get a good understanding of my FLW and BASS history and you will see they are all tournaments that the "average" guy can compete in. Nothing I ever fished was above the federation or BFL level or BASS weekend series which are all low level tournaments. You have several guys that have fished the same federation tournaments I have fished. You even have teams that are fishing in the USA Bassin circuit. Is that ok? It's a top level nationwide circuit no different then what I did or do now. I have never fished at the professional level.
    You calling me a liar is way wrong. I was never asked about my experience when I joined. Also the guy who invited me already knew what I fished. So, how can you call me a liar. I never did anything wrong and will stand by that forever. Also remember I helped get a couple of sponsors. Just wanted that for the record. So why would I get money for the club just to take advantage of them. That's BS! Jake, you know that!
    The truth about winning was I got kicked out after winning the very first tournament by a huge margin. We had an exceptional day on Green and that was that. I went back the next weekend and didn't do any good. It wasn't easy for us to compete. I worked just as hard as anybody. I always prefished one day before evey tournament----usually during the week because of my working on Saturdays. I found fish and patterns. Plus do you think I would spend that much money in gas for my truck and boat to win what----$200-300? Really? I spent that in a day prefishing. I try to be the best in all I do! I'm done with this BS.
    I just wanted everybody to know what they were getting into.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for everyone's interest. We have filled our spots for the 2013 season. Sorry to those who replied and we couldn't accomodate, the roster filled up quicker than expected and I was slow to update the thread. Good luck and tight lines to everyone in 2013.

Post Thanks / Like

Derbytown Lunker Hunters 2

Any of you guys that were interested in KBL and couldn't get in I met some of the members of Derbytown 2 today. Seemed like a good bunch if you are looking for a club. contact airnet on this site.