Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how much PORK is in the 51 billion dollar bill that just passed for Sandy.

I know Republicans bulked on this due to the pork, but I tell you this.

I'm TIRED of the spending that is tied to pork barrel bull ****.

SICK.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I know Republicans bulked on this due to the pork, but I tell you this.

I'm TIRED of the spending that is tied to pork barrel bull ****.

SICK.

Later,

Geo
    Same here man. With all the trouble we are in this still goes on. The gubmnet works for no one but themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

whose ox is getting gored

Pork is in the eye of the beholder! Example That bueatifull ramp at the dam on barren river lake, ever been there? How does a guy in lets say missouri look at it? Sure theres going to be pork, because congress cannot be made to just stick to the point, bring a bill before it to change a road name, and theres probably a golf course in a different state benefitting from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Pork is in the eye of the beholder! Example That bueatifull ramp at the dam on barren river lake, ever been there? How does a guy in lets say missouri look at it? Sure theres going to be pork, because congress cannot be made to just stick to the point, bring a bill before it to change a road name, and theres probably a golf course in a different state benefitting from it.
    So we just give up and say it is what it is or do we demand they change business as usual?? The complacency of this country and the citizens is what has allowed these crooked idiots to manipulate the system and put us where we are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    So we just give up and say it is what it is or do we demand they change business as usual?? The complacency of this country and the citizens is what has allowed these crooked idiots to manipulate the system and put us where we are.
    --
    Well.... Where we are so far is in fairly good shape compared to the rest of the world but we do seem to be getting a little worse off every year and it might cost us dearly at some point down the road if we don't make some changes, it's just a difference of opinion on what those changes need to be.... As far as pork, it is like Mr. Gorsky said, pork to one person isn't necessarily pork to another but I do believe some things would count as pork in just about everybody's mind, it seems I remember a bridge to nowhere some years back that had to be built for some reason even though nobody wanted it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlleonard View Post
    --
    Well.... Where we are so far is in fairly good shape compared to the rest of the world but we do seem to be getting a little worse off every year and it might cost us dearly at some point down the road if we don't make some changes, it's just a difference of opinion on what those changes need to be.... As far as pork, it is like Mr. Gorsky said, pork to one person isn't necessarily pork to another but I do believe some things would count as pork in just about everybody's mind, it seems I remember a bridge to nowhere some years back that had to be built for some reason even though nobody wanted it.
    That's the problem everyone does it. Right or left its wrong either way. It's not a dem or GOP thing with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am fed up with all of the politicians. For the most part once elected their core concern is getting re elected and staying in power. Both parties are equally guilty of spending and waste, and really until we get some type of term limits, I doubt it will ever significantly change.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't look for the spending to change at all, it don't matter what party is in power. the spending continues. check this history report on the debt out.
    it starts with the man most Americans love the most George Washington.
    known as the man that couldn't tell a lie.
    and ends with Obama, the man I think is a better man than Mr. Washington.
    here's why......George Washington couldn't tell a lie, and Obama can but won't... a little humor there.
    but this study tells how the dept was built to the height it is today.The United States National Debt -- 233 years in the making

Post Thanks / Like
    BO says we don't have a spending problem in this country. Until we get leaders in this country that understand what the problem is, we will never get control of spending. We the voters are enablers by voting in these spenders of our money(and the money we borrow from the Chinese). Well I feel better because BO says we don't have a problem.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    I agree, too much pork. Chicken is cheaper and just as healthy.

Post Thanks / Like

What

well part of came out funding for fisheries in alaska, thats about 5000 miles from the east coast. I'm sure theres much much more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    The difference between a boat ramp, which I don't consider PORK and a handout, which I DO consider PORK....the boat ramp can be utilized by everyone.......every single person in the country, while the handout helps a single person and maybe their dependents.

That is a very simple view, but it is the way I see it.

Also, I believe my boat licensing fees, my fishing license, my hunting license, launch fees, etc, etc help provide revenue for that pretty ramp.

Also TAXES on hunting and fishing equipment.......

Here is a cut/paste from KDFR website: "

WHAT WE DO

Through the decades the department’s role has expanded to include managing both game and non-game fish and wildlife resources, creating regulations, enforcing wildlife and boating laws, hatching, rearing and stocking fish, assisting landowners with fish and wildlife habitat improvement, educating youth about the importance of fish and wildlife and their habitats, stream restoration, passing on the heritage of archery and shooting sports, buying land for public use, and building boat ramps for angler access to the state’s public waterways

"
    Later,

Geo