Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Farmer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    Does anyone know the mans name that hosted Ky Afield before Dave? According to what I understand, Dave had to step into some very large shoes when he started hosting the show.
    He absolutely did.

Hope Carleton is a KY outdoors legend and hosted KY Afield from 1957-1980. I knew him a little bit through a classmate of mine. He was just as he seemed on camera. Friendly, a little rough around the edges, but always a great conversationalist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site Tim. Lots a good folks on here.Been watchin since the early 70's.Most of my friends were watching cartoons that early in the morning...I was gettin the run down on the lakes LOL. Hope to run into you on the river sometime. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Welcome to the site Tim. Lots a good folks on here.Been watchin since the early 70's.Most of my friends were watching cartoons that early in the morning...I was gettin the run down on the lakes LOL. Hope to run into you on the river sometime. Chuck

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who sat in front of the TV on saturday morning and watched fishing shows instead of cartoons as a kid

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who sat in front of the TV on saturday morning and watched fishing shows instead of cartoons as a kid
    Well thats three of us then...

Post Thanks / Like

K A

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    I remember watching Hope at my grandfather's house in Louisville when we would visit him on Brown's Lane, never dreaming I would be lucky enough to have this once in a lifetime job! Funny how life shuts doors and opens others....See you on the water!!! Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Farmer View Post
    Hey Bob!! We've done several such shows over the years, and we're about to do one next week!! Stay tuned in for this show!!
    welcome tim, how about a show on cleaning and cooking rough fish like gar and buffalo, I never ate a buffalo but did try gar once on the advice of jim moyer, it was very hard to clean, had to use tin snips to cut it open and it smelled pretty bad (almost like a shark) but once I cooked it and tried it it had a mild flavor, no b s .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tim! Glad to see you on the site! Me and the guys at work always watch your show and when the new episodes come out it's the talk of the lunch table the following day.

Being a small river/creek smallmouth fisherman, I especially enjoy those segments of the show. Keep more of them coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Rough fish

Quote Originally Posted by linedrager View Post
    welcome tim, how about a show on cleaning and cooking rough fish like gar and buffalo, I never ate a buffalo but did try gar once on the advice of jim moyer, it was very hard to clean, had to use tin snips to cut it open and it smelled pretty bad (almost like a shark) but once I cooked it and tried it it had a mild flavor, no b s .
    Hey Linedrager.....We have tried alot of rough fish on the show...go to youtube...type KY Afield TV....Check out our episodes on eating gar, asian carp, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim, I've seen some of the Dave Shufffet Ky Afield shows but have never had the pleasure of watching any of the older Ky Afield shows before Dave's era. Does KET ever rebroadcast them? If not, a Ky Afield marathon may be something to consider doing as a fund raiser for KET or make the old shows available on DVD's for purchase as a KDFWR fundraiser.

Is there a Tim Farmer/Ky Afield wild game recipe book available for purchase? Thanks.

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like
    [/QUOTE] Is there a Tim Farmer/Ky Afield wild game recipe book available for purchase? Thanks. [/QUOTE]

I would buy one or two.

I saw a show on this weekend & recorded it where Tim is the host & he is cooking. It's called "Tim Farmer's Country Kitchen". It was a really good show. They were processing a hog this week. About starved me & Austin to death. The smoked sausage especially.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a Tim Farmer/Ky Afield wild game recipe book available for purchase? Thanks. [/QUOTE]

I would buy one or two.

I saw a show on this weekend & recorded it where Tim is the host & he is cooking. It's called "Tim Farmer's Country Kitchen". It was a really good show. They were processing a hog this week. About starved me & Austin to death. The smoked sausage especially.[/QUOTE]
    Fresh sausage and cracklins. Mmm mmm good.

The show Tim did about processing fresh deer meat is cool too.

Post Thanks / Like

tim f

There was a Ky Afield on tonight about the guy who makes the AC Shiner.